Just Received The Third Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRT Racing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just received my third recall that that has to do with the ORC (Occupant Restraint Controller). In short the software may contain an issue during power down memory clean-up which can corrupt flash memory which may lead to other issues including risk of injury to vehicle occupants in the event of a crash. It appears they had issues in 2018 with the ORC module resulting with a recall.

Irish.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 trademans upgrade
Engine
Yup got one yesterday will have it done this fri

bdm219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I rec'd this one yesterday in the mail. This is my 5th recall!!

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Got it too, dealer will flash computer I assume

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I've owned Chrysler products going back to the 1970's. In the old days, Chrysler just ignored the problem until you were out of warranty - and then it was on your dime to fix it. Today, Chrysler issues recalls to get ahead of the problem and fix it. I prefer the latter way of Chrysler doing business rather than waiting for me to pay for it all once the warranty has expired.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
I've owned Chrysler products going back to the 1970's. In the old days, Chrysler just ignored the problem until you were out of warranty - and then it was on your dime to fix it. Today, Chrysler issues recalls to get ahead of the problem and fix it. I prefer the latter way of Chrysler doing business rather than waiting for me to pay for it all once the warranty has expired.

Recalls are mostly safety related, FCA hasn’t changed...in this day and age they don’t want to get sued if you get injured from a known defect. If they really have changed, they would issue recalls for all the known issues, not TSBs. With that said, it’s not just FCA, it’s all manufactures. They don’t want to spend money on non -safety related items.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
It is being referred to as a problem with a corrupted computer module which probably means a defective solid state memory for the controller. A repair would entail replacing the bad chip and then doing a flash to add the necessary coding.

It reflects poor quality control when 300,000 of these chips made their way into trucks before the problem was noticed.

Buying a vehicle in its first year of production is always a gamble with the American manufacturers' vehicles. I had 4 recalls with my GM truck and the 5th one is for a defective airbag inflator that GM has chosen not to provide replacements for dealers so I have the passenger side airbag turned off. Definitely hurts resale value of an expensive truck.