Just to be clear, Exterior Auto Dim mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have a 2019 Ram Big Horn Classic and have only drove after dark a few time. I know I have an auto dimming mirror in the cab so the Mopar site says I have an Auto Dim Exterior Mirror also.

Question: I assume if I find power folding tow mirrors I will loose that option. I have not seen any aftermarket tow mirrors that say they are auto dimming.

I hope I would not loose the interior auto dimming mirror if I swapped out a NON auto dimming exterior tow mirror.

Can anyone say for sure?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
you won't loose the rearview auto-dim mirror if you change to towing mirrors. The sensor(s) for the auto-dim feature is in the rearview mirror itself, the outside mirror(s) just follow what the inside one does.
Chances are your BigHorn only the driver side is auto-dim, this can be verified by the edge of the mirror. The auto-dim mirror have a think black frame around them non-dim ones are flat.

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
you won't loose the rearview auto-dim mirror if you change to towing mirrors. The sensor(s) for the auto-dim feature is in the rearview mirror itself, the outside mirror(s) just follow what the inside one does.
Chances are your BigHorn only the driver side is auto-dim, this can be verified by the edge of the mirror. The auto-dim mirror have a think black frame around them non-dim ones are flat.

Just what I was hoping for. Thanks for the clarification.