Katskin leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Passed my 2017 Lonestar “Silver” on to my son. For the non Texans; the Silver package on a 2017 Lonestar was essentially a Laramie package that included, among other things, leather trimmed seats. Trying to duplicate that package as much as possible on a 2020 Lonestar. I can get close with all things but some minor chrome pieces and the leather trimmed seats. With the new body style I can live without the chrome but not ready to go back to full cloth seats. Looking at adding the Katskin leather which is a dealer add on for $1595.00. Anyone have any experience w/the Katskin seats?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes, I had mine done and love them. Top quality and fit. If you can live without the Ram logo you can get it done by an outside installer much cheaper and save yourself $^00 probably (I paid $950 installed). Do it yourself and you can save even more but I wasn't ready to tackle that and left it to the professional installers.

Ram has a copy right on the logo so unless you buy from a dealer you can't get that embossed in the seat like the factory seats are. You can get other designs from katskin just not the Ram logo.

19REBEL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel 4x4 Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had Katskin on my 2015 Sport. The leather was tough and wore really well. The Katskin Dealer came to my office and checked to make sure the leather color and the stitching matched my truck, then they ordered it. I asked if they could embroider the Rams Head Logo in my seat backs and they said sure, and did it for free. They came back two days later, took my truck to their shop and had it back 2 hours later. It look good really good and I was very happy with it right up to the point that I traded it in on my 2019 Rebel. You really can't go wrong with their product and installation...at leas that was my experience.

Friednice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L hemispherical combustion chamber
Dont forget to change the sales code for katskin leather seats if your seats are heated. Add 5C5 Mopar Katzkin Leather Seats. No biggy if you dont, issues are that seats turn off pre maturely or do not reach proper heating level.

Cheers

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
My experience has been Katskin wears much better and last longer than Ram factory leather.

OP
OP
KeithP

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Picked my truck up yesterday. Katskins look great. Glad I pulled the trigger on them. Cold enough last night for the heated seats to kicki in they seemed to work great. Thanks for the replies.
Yes, I had mine done and love them. Top quality and fit. If you can live without the Ram logo you can get it done by an outside installer much cheaper and save yourself $^00 probably (I paid $950 installed). Do it yourself and you can save even more but I wasn't ready to tackle that and left it to the professional installers.

Ram has a copy right on the logo so unless you buy from a dealer you can't get that embossed in the seat like the factory seats are. You can get other designs from katskin just not the Ram logo.

I had Katskin on my 2015 Sport. The leather was tough and wore really well. The Katskin Dealer came to my office and checked to make sure the leather color and the stitching matched my truck, then they ordered it. I asked if they could embroider the Rams Head Logo in my seat backs and they said sure, and did it for free. They came back two days later, took my truck to their shop and had it back 2 hours later. It look good really good and I was very happy with it right up to the point that I traded it in on my 2019 Rebel. You really can't go wrong with their product and installation...at leas that was my experience.

Dont forget to change the sales code for katskin leather seats if your seats are heated. Add 5C5 Mopar Katzkin Leather Seats. No biggy if you dont, issues are that seats turn off pre maturely or do not reach proper heating level.

Cheers

My experience has been Katskin wears much better and last longer than Ram factory leather.

OP
OP
KeithP

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Thought I’d upload a couple of pics just in case anyone was curious what the Katskins look like.

414BC02C-0030-4C94-B015-A72B0B24AE25.jpeg

B1536958-18C0-4937-909B-D912E6D8BC85.jpeg

Ed Ross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Looks nice. I've been researching them for my Big Horn. I went to them to do my 4Runner after Classic Soft Trim installer messed up the install twice. I like the details and optioning of Katzskin much better than Soft Trim. I notice your driver's seat right bolster has some weird pleating not seen on the passenger seat. Is that from the install or wear already?

OP
OP
KeithP

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Looks nice. I've been researching them for my Big Horn. I went to them to do my 4Runner after Classic Soft Trim installer messed up the install twice. I like the details and optioning of Katzskin much better than Soft Trim. I notice your driver's seat right bolster has some weird pleating not seen on the passenger seat. Is that from the install or wear already?
Install. That pic was taken when the truck still was under 1K on the odo. The front passenger had a little more wrinkle that you can’t see in this photo. It concerned me enough I almost took it back to the installer but they are very stiff when they’re new so I decided to give them time to soften up and settle in. 3K now and they’ve soften up and the wrinkles are working themselves out. I don’t expect they’ll ever be as perfect as factory install but I’m very happy with them.

My biggest issue is the color of the stitching. I let the dealer work the details of purchase and install. I wish I would have been involved in selecting the stitch color. It’s considerably lighter than the stitching on the console and door panels. That’s on me not Katskin.

Ed Ross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Install. That pic was taken when the truck still was under 1K on the odo. The front passenger had a little more wrinkle that you can’t see in this photo. It concerned me enough I almost took it back to the installer but they are very stiff when they’re new so I decided to give them time to soften up and settle in. 3K now and they’ve soften up and the wrinkles are working themselves out. I don’t expect they’ll ever be as perfect as factory install but I’m very happy with them.

My biggest issue is the color of the stitching. I let the dealer work the details of purchase and install. I wish I would have been involved in selecting the stitch color. It’s considerably lighter than the stitching on the console and door panels. That’s on me not Katskin.

Ah Gotcha. Yeah, I was browsing the sight and like the option to change the stitching color as well as inserts with different material. This will be the first modification I do to mine. Prob wait until I get tired of the cloth seats or the need for heated seats out weight that. They look good nonetheless. Very close to factory. Good choice!

OP
OP
KeithP

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Ah Gotcha. Yeah, I was browsing the sight and like the option to change the stitching color as well as inserts with different material. This will be the first modification I do to mine. Prob wait until I get tired of the cloth seats or the need for heated seats out weight that. They look good nonetheless. Very close to factory. Good choice!
Don’t let the heated seat part hold you back. Mine are the perforated leather. The heated seats work just fine.

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did my 2017 in Katskin new.
Traded in for 2019Laramie
After 7 years / 145,000 they look brand new.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see all these Katzkin installs and for the life of me still cant figure out why mine is the only one that looks "loose" under the butt area of the drivers seat.

Even got brand new foam and it still looks loose after a drive.

I didnt order my covers through the dealer, but they did produce it with the correct Katzkin pattern for the seats (I have the actual Katzkin box and order info).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334