KCs Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't go wrong with KC lights. I have been running them since the early 1970's. I have their Hilites LED's behind the grill of my 17 Sport now.

View attachment 154712

Details on how you mounted these, please...thanks! Oh, and do you have some shots of the light throw through the grille? My Reb has a similar pattern and I wondered how it would affect the illumination.

TXCOMT

MYMISSIONISFISHIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I definitely like the looks of the 5 KC lights up on the top. Reminds me of my older trucks with a roll bar. I went the other route and mounted mine in front on my Bull Bar. The light in the center I mounted on a piece of aluminum flat stock that I made, and then centered the light. That center light is not powered yet either but within the next week or so it will be. I run them at night and in the morning as it gives me the extra lighting. I have them aimed below the low beams so I get very few high beams. All 3 of these are 100W Halogens. They are the Rugged Ridge Lights.IMG_1413.JPG

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I definitely like the looks of the 5 KC lights up on the top. Reminds me of my older trucks with a roll bar. I went the other route and mounted mine in front on my Bull Bar. The light in the center I mounted on a piece of aluminum flat stock that I made, and then centered the light. That center light is not powered yet either but within the next week or so it will be. I run them at night and in the morning as it gives me the extra lighting. I have them aimed below the low beams so I get very few high beams. All 3 of these are 100W Halogens. They are the Rugged Ridge Lights.View attachment 154764

Good Lord my man, 300W! Nothing hiding in the dark from you! Love the look and the ingenuity of the fab work. Trying to figure out how I'm gonna mount some LED pods in the mesh grills of the bar to throw out some light from the sides. Only get one shot on this as I don't care to buy these again if I hog them up.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Those look pretty badass...need pics of it lighting up the night!

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
What did those KC's run?

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Those look pretty badass...need pics of it lighting up the night!

Thanks bro. As soon as I mod the harness they sent and install I'll hit a trail not far from here and see if I can get some night shots posted. Can't wait to see for myself.

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What did those KC's run?

Right at $900 shipped. They had a sale on the Pro6 setup ($1100 for 6 tied together in an adjustable bar configuration) right before Christmas. I could not find a mount for them on their site as they are actually made for Wranglers, SXSs, or to the a-pillar mounts for trucks so I called them up and got the news they just don't make anything that would work as I wanted. A little bummed but had a good conversation with q west coast guy about his offloading and such which lead back to the GoRhino bar. He searched the bar while I was telling a story about my teenage builds and then said how about these? I gotta say, I jumped on them and glad I did as full price they are up there now. All my other toys have had old school halogen KCs. These worked out to be less money than I budgeted for as he gave me the discount, tossed in some light locks and a harness and here I am. Need to rework their harness yet.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
Right at $900 shipped. They had a sale on the Pro6 setup ($1100 for 6 tied together in an adjustable bar configuration) right before Christmas. I could not find a mount for them on their site as they are actually made for Wranglers, SXSs, or to the a-pillar mounts for trucks so I called them up and got the news they just don't make anything that would work as I wanted. A little bummed but had a good conversation with q west coast guy about his offloading and such which lead back to the GoRhino bar. He searched the bar while I was telling a story about my teenage builds and then said how about these? I gotta say, I jumped on them and glad I did as full price they are up there now. All my other toys have had old school halogen KCs. These worked out to be less money than I budgeted for as he gave me the discount, tossed in some light locks and a harness and here I am. Need to rework their harness yet.

It looks great so far! I like the GoRhino 2.0 bar...just can't swing that or the right lighting for it now. Have to save for a trip or I'd have one too. Pay a few more bills off before I can play...haha

OP
OP
radkawi

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It looks great so far! I like the GoRhino 2.0 bar...just can't swing that or the right lighting for it now. Have to save for a trip or I'd have one too. Pay a few more bills off before I can play...haha

Bro that is the way to do it! I saved for almost two years after getting the truck before getting the lift and tires, paid cash. Saved for the last year as I knew I wanted something back there and some lighting and it worked out. Truck's gonna be with me a while so I may as well trick it out the way I want.
Be safe in your travels!

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I just hate it that KC no longer sells the "Wayfarer" light covers. I have six KC's on my Bronco and the light covers are kinda past showing their age...

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats gonna be silly at night, I hope you have them triggered by the highbeams as well. Someone will get quite a show if they have to get a blast from those!