Key chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know how to disable the stupid key chime. Sometimes I'll use the radio in the truck when I'm outside working and that chime just never stops. My last vehicle the chime turned off after a minute. Yea I know I can close the doors but the music isn't as loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
You have 2 options.

One, use a screw driver and close the latch on the door. But you'll be cringing every time you slam the door and it bounces back open cause you forgot about that..

Or do what I did, and place in inline switch on the ground side of the door latch wiring harness. When I have my doors open and have the stereo going etc, I flip the switch in the door panel and it turns off. Turn the switch back on during normal usage.

Love it.

bighammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 2003
Engine
Cummins
I cut and spliced the driver door wire into the passenger door sensor circuit. Still have dome lights and alarm, but the truck thinks I'm only using the passenger door all the time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963