Key fob issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgeguy66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having issues with my key fob not re-connecting with my truck when it's running and I step away from the truck for any length of time. It'll just say "key fob has left the vehicle", and the only way to get it to reconnect is to shut off the truck and then restart it. Very annoying. It's been doing this for a few months now. Both fobs do it, I replaced the batteries in both of them and makes no difference. Any ideas what the problem is and what I can do to fix it? 2014 Ram 1500 Sport 5.7Ltr.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Don't worry about it. Put the pickup in drive and away you go. It will keep running. When the dinger and warning for FOB left truck comes on push either the < or > button, the warning tells you which just under the warning message, to shut off the warning. The bigger risk you have is, anyone can hop in the truck and drive off without keys. As long as they don't shut it off they can drive forever.

Welcome to the forum.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For $h!ts and giggles, bring both key fobs out to the truck then disconnect the trucks battery for a few minutes leaving the fobs close to the battery. After a few minutes reconnect the trucks battery and see what happens. That will give the trucks system a chance to reset. We do that a lot at work with the 150 ram promaster vans we maintain