Key Fob Key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rammer77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Okay I know im an idiot but I gotta ask anyways. I have a Ram laramie with passive entry and push to start. What is the key inside the fob for? The tailgate and door handles have no port for a physical key. Hopefully I find the secret slot where it unlocks more horsepower.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay I know im an idiot but I gotta ask anyways. I have a Ram laramie with passive entry and push to start. What is the key inside the fob for? The tailgate and door handles have no port for a physical key. Hopefully I find the secret slot where it unlocks more horsepower.

Read your vehicle owner’s manual, or the online manual. The key allows access to the cab if the fob or vehicle battery is dead. (Hint: think hidden lock assembly under door handle).

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
The bed divider as well if you have one

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Do you have a pic? All 200 of my 2022s on the lot have a key hole. I have yet to see one without.

OP
OP
R

Rammer77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'll get you a picture later but no the tailgate and glove box have no holes. @audiophile

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The manufacturer must not want you to repair your own vehicle, if they don't allow you access to the bed of the truck, when ever you lose power.
I for one have 3 tool boxes in the bed of my Ram, my suitcase jack is back there too