Key Fob Not Detected 2019 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdscott716

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
My 2019 Ram has been in the shop 4x and they still can't figure it out. They replaced the RF hub, truck battery, FOB batteries, replaced the anetenna in the rear door and still can't detect key fob. I can start it but have to always use the fob to press the button; sometimes that doesn't work and I have to lock and unlock the doors then press the fob to the button and it will start. Now dealer is wanting to get into the wiring of the truck and trouble shoot it. I'm not crazy about this idea that it maybe in the shop a very long time and feel like they will fix one thing only to have another go wrong possibly. any feedback is much appreciated! I have no aftermarket products on this truck. Feeling frustrated; love my truck but knowing there is a possibility it won't start is problem given my line of work. Anyone else had this issue?

DarkOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7 Hemi
Im not a FOB guy. Im just an IT guy i work with wifi a lot. And if i were to approach this on a a t-shooting this id want to see if i could see the receiver unit transmit from inside the cabin using a frequency analyzer to make sure yoire getting a signal from the unit. Hopefully they checked that...

OP
OP
R

rdscott716

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
They wound up tracing broken wires from what I understand. After replacing the RF Hub, antenna in rear door, truck battery, FOB battery etc. None of that fixed it but they traced broken wires. They fixed it but I traded it in for a 2021. Got spooked after fiddling with wiring; vehicle is too important for my work to worry about anything else breaking down on it. Especially the basics like being able to Start IT! lol

Bmayna2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK i had this exact same problem, its an easy Fix. Disconnect your battery completely. After its disconnect, take the two Leads, positive and Negative and touch those two cables together. Be sure they are not hooked to battery! What this does is reset your computer in your truck. Then it will recognize the key fob. This happened to me when i got my truck detailed a few weeks ago and the kids cleaning it, had the music going, head lights on and wipers on with the truck shut off. They ran my battery completely down. Thats when i had this problem trying to get it started back. Took me almost 3 hours to figure it out. When i finally did figure it out, it was one of those, (cant hurt nothing now) moments. And it actually works. Let me know if this helps you please!

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
OK i had this exact same problem, its an easy Fix. Disconnect your battery completely. After its disconnect, take the two Leads, positive and Negative and touch those two cables together. Be sure they are not hooked to battery! What this does is reset your computer in your truck. Then it will recognize the key fob. This happened to me when i got my truck detailed a few weeks ago and the kids cleaning it, had the music going, head lights on and wipers on with the truck shut off. They ran my battery completely down. Thats when i had this problem trying to get it started back. Took me almost 3 hours to figure it out. When i finally did figure it out, it was one of those, (cant hurt nothing now) moments. And it actually works. Let me know if this helps you please!Does this really work?

jackhild

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
OK i had this exact same problem, its an easy Fix. Disconnect your battery completely. After its disconnect, take the two Leads, positive and Negative and touch those two cables together. Be sure they are not hooked to battery! What this does is reset your computer in your truck. Then it will recognize the key fob. This happened to me when i got my truck detailed a few weeks ago and the kids cleaning it, had the music going, head lights on and wipers on with the truck shut off. They ran my battery completely down. Thats when i had this problem trying to get it started back. Took me almost 3 hours to figure it out. When i finally did figure it out, it was one of those, (cant hurt nothing now) moments. And it actually works. Let me know if this helps you please!
This worked for me! I replaced my underhood battery this spring. Afterword, I lost my remote start function and had random kefob errors, such as keyfob not found and keyfob has left the vehicle. I replaced the battery in my keyfob, no change

I tried the instructions in this post and everything now works correctly, including remote start!

Thanks!

Dndhart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cumins
Where exactly were the broken wires? I have replaced the FOB battery twice. I tried my other FOB which has never been used after replacing the battery. Still no luck. Lights flash only. I'm thinking it must be a broken wire as my inside door lock buttons do not work?

Dak76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI ETORQUE
I have similar issues now..
Rear door panel lights weren't working. Took it to dealership to get fixed.
After "Fix" I started having the key fob issue.

I should ask the technicians if they read the forums. Seems like people here answer more of you questions.

sdkinney789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
I have a 2021 Ram Rebel. The trucks antennae is on the roof right in front of the bed lights and the 3rd break light. I replaced the factory bulbs for all 3 lights with LED. Not right away but a few months later, when starting the truck by pressing the start button it said Key FOB cannot be found. I had to take it out of my pocket to start it. Also, at times I had to be right next to the truck to lock it. I changed the battery in the FOB and used the 2nd FOB that has never been used. Same problem. So I took out all 3 LED bulbs and the key FOB worked like new. I put the bulbs back in, it quit working again. Now I have to decide if I want the LEDs more than I want my key FOB to work as before. LOL