Key fob not detected!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shonnag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I have been having this problem for three months now (but it’s becoming more frequent by the day). I also changed the battery in both keys. So the truck does not like to unlock when I put my hand on the door I have to unlock it with the key fob, also when I go to start the truck it does not want to start on the first try? it will tell me “key fob not detected” and it’s a 50/50 if it will start with the first try of pushing the push start button (sometimes multiple tries and having to wait). Also when I lock the truck the dash lights stay on and don’t turn off as quickly as it used to. Also as a side note twice now the radio stations have been changed? This is obviously more than a key issue. But when the truck is on it runs and drives beautiful. It’s just getting it to start/ unlock and the dash lights not turning off as quickly? Has anyone experienced this problem?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Have you tried touching key fob to button?

OP
OP
S

Shonnag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes. Sometimes still takes a few tries and says “ key fob not detected”

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Larime
Engine
Hemi
My fob (s) some times won't start my (2019) Turn to start and nothing happens. I mean NOTHING no dash,buzzers etc. Fobs both have new battery's. I checked the old one out of curiosity to see if dead. They were OK but still put in new. I've been on You-tube the guys say this is happening a lot. but no one has a reason why or how to fix.
My dealer has neve heard of this issue. Any Have info??

THANKS
Mike In Maine

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My fob (s) some times won't start my (2019) Turn to start and nothing happens. I mean NOTHING no dash,buzzers etc. Fobs both have new battery's. I checked the old one out of curiosity to see if dead. They were OK but still put in new. I've been on You-tube the guys say this is happening a lot. but no one has a reason why or how to fix.
My dealer has neve heard of this issue. Any Have info??

THANKS
Mike In Maine
Hi Dodgedaddie, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Ram dealer again, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
RamCares