Key Fob Panic Button Too Sensitive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenOfAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had several incidents where I accidently hit the panic button on my key fob / remote while the fob is in my pocket. The other night, my pocket area hit the tailgate while I was loading building materials, and the horn starts honking. I had to scramble to get the fob out of my pocket to shut off the horn. I have also accidently hit the panic button digging the fob out of my pocket. It seems too sensitive to me. On my Chevy Equinox, I have never accidently hit the panic button. Is there an aftermarket fob that has the button placed differently, of has a less sensitive button? Could any of you entrepeneurs come up with a fob sleeve? Something that has to be pressed hard to set the panic horn off.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Done that by sitting on the FOB a lot, LOL...

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve rolled my windows down before without knowing… not sure how since it’s a double click and hold… do you have keyless start? Otherwise nothing covers the panic button. Honestly placement of the panic button is odd to me on the key fobs.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Had mine 2 weeks, set it off twice already just having it in my pocket. Learned from the Grand Cherookee to carry it with buttons facing out and a credit card on the button side. No more accidental set offs. I had seriously thought about putting a patch over the inside of the button on the Cherokee so it didn't work at all till I figured out the face buttons out and credit card trick.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
I popped both of my fobs apart and popped the little rubber button off under the panic button. Now it's a inactive button, can't be set off at all.

OP
OP
K

KenOfAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve rolled my windows down before without knowing… not sure how since it’s a double click and hold… do you have keyless start? Otherwise nothing covers the panic button. Honestly placement of the panic button is odd to me on the key fobs.
Yes mine is keyless start.

OP
OP
K

KenOfAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I popped both of my fobs apart and popped the little rubber button off under the panic button. Now it's a inactive button, can't be set off at all.
I might try that if I can't find another way. I would leave my wife's fob normal in case she needed to attract attention to a bad guy.

Rod Powell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
I used ALFAOBD to disable the panic button function. Works great, and no permanent modification to fob or truck.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine is really sensitive too. Now the unlock and lock not so much....

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Done the same with mine.......remote in my pocket, and suddenly the campground is awakened by my over active key fob.