Key fob pin code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doc1960

Reaction score
Ram Year
My son has a 2015 Dodge Ram that he has lost his only key fob to. We are getting the run around on how to aquire the program code. He doesn’t have a dealer near him so to get a fob programmed he has to rely on a certified mobile mechanic. He programmed the fobs but now gas peddle just idles!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Doc1960

Reaction score
Ram Year
They told is No. said against the law in Texas. but we got it, the certified mechanic to get code but after all gas pedal wont respond

Last edited:

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the Chrysler pin puller app is still available use that . I got pin code that way so I could program my key fob if I needed to with Alfaobd

Last edited by a moderator:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If the Chrysler pin puller app is still available use that . I got pin code that way so I could program my key fob if I needed to with Alfaobd
You can pull the PIN code with AlfaOBD to program keyfobs, I just did this a couple weeks ago on a '15

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm that must of changed since I did mine a few years ago . According the the mile long thread on here it required the Chrysler pin puller . Thats cool . I won't need to again, I think . I wrote the code on the garage wall , took picture and wrote it in note book also so I don't loose it . This will be may last truck at 3,000 miles per year and me at 69. AlfaOBD is a fun tool , worth the cost

Last edited:

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup, just did the PIN pull off the RF Module with AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX+ yesterday on my 2016, took all of 2 minutes.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They told is No. said against the law in Texas. but we got it, the certified mechanic to get code but after all gas pedal wont respond
If you have the actual PIN code and the pedal won’t respond imma say the mobile locksmith didn’t program it correctly. Does the truck have an aftermarket security system? Something in the programming isn’t disengaging the security system whether it’s factory or aftermarket.