Key fob prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When I was searching for one for my Yukon I ordered one thru these guys...... it is a direct oem type and it just feels right. No cheaply made and the price was a lot better then going to the dealer. I just had the dealer program it and cut the key.

https://m.carandtruckremotes.com/

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My dealer wanted 295 for the fob and programming.
I asked what they charge for just a program, they gave me a price BUT said, I pay that even if the program doesn't take.
So what are chances of it not taking even tho I will buying one from a Mopar site?

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
I need another key/key fob because after I changed batteries in both key fobs, both key fobs refused to work.

To use the key fob, I have to open the key fob, press the battery and the unlock button.
I even bought the $15 a month UConnect service to use my Iphone as a remote. That takes up to a minute to work.

To correct the problem and to stay away from the dealer's high prices, I am going to buy some key fob housing units from various sellers on Amazon and try those.

I even tried to lift the battery prongs on the circuit board to increase the battery connection & that did not worked either.

VinceOB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just recently bought my 2010 Ram and it didnt even come with a fob at all. I called a local locksmith and he charged me $140 to program and cut two fobs. Unfortunately, neither fob would unlock the doors, but the do start my truck. So now im at a point where I need to figure out why the fobs wont unlock the doors. All signs are pointing to the WIN module the fob goes into to start the truck.

jeeplj8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
when I bought 2014 a few months ago it had one key, the dealer (non-FCA dealer) agreed to get a second key. It turned into a deal when they took truck to a Ram dealer and were told need to order fob for it. My truck has remote start and air suspension, both have buttons on the fob, took a week to get the fob in.

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
when I bought 2014 a few months ago it had one key, the dealer (non-FCA dealer) agreed to get a second key. It turned into a deal when they took truck to a Ram dealer and were told need to order fob for it. My truck has remote start and air suspension, both have buttons on the fob, took a week to get the fob in.
Were you able to get a fob with both air suspension and remote start buttons on it? I have a 2017 and I'm told they don't make them (they have for pushbutton start, but not fob start systems)

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

jeeplj8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Were you able to get a fob with both air suspension and remote start buttons on it? I have a 2017 and I'm told they don't make them (they have for pushbutton start, but not fob start systems)

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

yes, but only through the dealer.

ROADPOP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Recently purchased a 2010 Ram R/T with a Fob that would only start it..nothing else and I had to use the key to open the door..so I found this company

https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/

I ordered a reconditioned Fob for 39.95 and took it to my local Chrysler dealer and had it flashed for 39.95 so for a total of 80.00 I have a Fob that works and it also looks new..this Fob was flashed clear before I received it...so I’m going to order a second one this week...I was quoted
upwards of 140.00 to flash it,but Gator C P D. Jeep in Melbourne,Fl did it for 39.95

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow. FOB's are pricey. The dealer I bought my new 17' from back in Jan. offers with every new sale free dent and ding removal and key fob replacement. Handy I guess.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I got a hook up at the dealer on mine. My service advisor found and extra key fob and basically told me to just give something to the dude to program it

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought two Fobs (Fobiks) on Amazon for $36 total. These are the ones that have the air suspension and remote start buttons also. I used AlfaOBD to program them to my '16 Rebel. Work great.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just bought two Fobs (Fobiks) on Amazon for $36 total. These are the ones that have the air suspension and remote start buttons also. I used AlfaOBD to program them to my '16 Rebel. Work great.
At that price you should setup a side business!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to change the ignition switch in my 2014 a couple days ago so I needed both Fobiks programed. Dealer charged 60 for two. I thought that was pretty reasonable for a dealer.