Key FOB Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L 8 cylinder Hemi 2wd
Hello everyone. New to using Dodge Ram fobs. I have 2014 1500 SLT v.7L V8 Hemi 2wd. Fob that came with it works great. No remote start on it, just doors. They also gave me a second key but it did not have a fob, just a key. So I ordered a fob off of Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085WT2SSZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details. I inserted the second key into the new fob. It did not work on the doors at all. I took it apart and saw the battery was flipped over wrong so I flipped it back. Still nothing, I put the fob in the ignition and the instrument panel immediately lit up, radio came on, etc. However when I turned the fob to start the engine it did not turn the engine on. It did nothing. Being new to this fob thing I am hoping for some ideas or suggestions from you good people. Thank you in advance.

Paul

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
look at this page of FOBs & pick which one is closest to yours

each FOB should have something like this inside of it
It should lock & unlock your outside locks manually
It is called a Valet Key

te-emergency-key-insert-y171p-by171p-68043590ac-42.jpg

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It has to be programmed to your truck....

There are several was to go about this. Dealer, AlfaOBD, key maker etc.

dpzee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
i bought a OEM fob from keylessentryremotefob.com, took it to a local automotive locksmith with my existing fob and he programmed the new one and cut the valet key. The whole thing was around $200. (2019 Ram 1500)