Key Fob stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Master_Harlow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, and starting today my key fob was working just fine. I was driving home in the rain and hit a few unavoidable puddles, got to a gas station went to lock my truck and the key fob no longer functions. I came home and replaced the fob battery as that normally has solved this before but not this time. What is water doing under the front bumpers that it makes my fob stop working? I can get in an start the truck no problem but can't lock or unlock it.

Any suggestions??????

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For me, it was the semicircle pads that are glued to the underside of the rubber buttons on the FOB. I bought a cheap aftermarket FOB on Ebay (came with 2) and swapped that piece into my FOB. This was only happening with my remote start button; it was actually causing the truck to start on it's own.

EDIT: I found the FOB on Ebay that matched mine (same print on the buttons), and took the rubber piece out and replaced it with my OEM.

Last edited:

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
^^^This^^^^

Mine did same thing but it was the lock button.
Truck horn would beep repeatedly with the slightest brush of the fob.

Swapped out the rubber and contact discs from a new fob case, that took care of it.

Let us know if you get it sorted.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
just try using the Panic button
if it works then your lock/unlock buttons will work

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
I don't know if this is relevant, but I have three fobs for my 2010 Charger Police. One has always worked, the other two started working only intermittently. I replaced both batteries (and made sure contacts were clean) but no improvement. Eventually they stopped working completely. Baffled.

KansasArt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing to add but love your avatar! I’m about 60 miles west of you in Topeka. Go Chiefs!