Keyless entry. Number keypad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Man 1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I’m new to the forum and also just bought my first Ram 1500. Love it so far. Is there an aftermarket keypad entry system available? Can it be installed by a seasoned diyer? Thanks for any advice.

Daman1124

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I purchased a keypad entry system to install in my 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn from doorkeypads.net that requires it to be hard wired into the l lock and actuator, but the directions are horrible and there are no wire schematics available for the truck to determine what wires go where without tearing apart the door wiring harness. I am a seasoned DIYer as well, but I have almost 8 hours and a lot of frustration in the project so far. I can get it to lock and unlock with certain wire combinations, but it then will not allow me to use the door switch or the key fob to lock and unlock the truck. If you find a way I would appreciate the info. I am close to taking it somewhere to see if it can be put in professionally, but really hate to do that after the time I have invested in it.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I purchased a keypad entry system to install in my 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn from doorkeypads.net that requires it to be hard wired into the l lock and actuator, but the directions are horrible and there are no wire schematics available for the truck to determine what wires go where without tearing apart the door wiring harness. I am a seasoned DIYer as well, but I have almost 8 hours and a lot of frustration in the project so far. I can get it to lock and unlock with certain wire combinations, but it then will not allow me to use the door switch or the key fob to lock and unlock the truck. If you find a way I would appreciate the info. I am close to taking it somewhere to see if it can be put in professionally, but really hate to do that after the time I have invested in it.
I was looking at the wiring diagram for your truck and here is the connector pinout for the driver door lock actuator...

Pin #1: Driver door relay unlock
Wire Color: Beige/Green

Pin #2: Driver door relay lock
Wire Color: Green/Dark Blue

Pin #3: Driver door what switch sense
Wire Color: Violet