Kickdown missing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomLockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins H.O. Turbo diesel
I have been doing a lot of work to my 73 w200 that I use as a personal plow truck. I started this work outside during the warm weather but moved the truck into the garage when it was time for snow. I am almost done with the many repairs and enhancements but now I cannot find my kick down adjuster. The part with the long slot for the carb stud and the threaded end where it attaches to the linkage. I have a feeling it fell and is now outside under about 5 feet of snow. If anyone has one of these that they do not need, especially if you are in the twin cities area, I would love to purchase it from you.

I know I could replace it with a cable, but I would prefer to just thread one on to the existing linkage and adjust it so I can use my truck without harming the transmission. I think I heard many years ago that the linkage can be pulled all the way rearward to prevent transmission damage when you don't have a kickdown, but I am not sure that is correct.

This truck literally never leaves my driveway. It also never gets up to any sort of speed. Just enough to push snow around.

Thanks.