Kill switch - very easy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Heres a couple that apply to a Dodge/Chrysler/Ram.

OP
OP
Z

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l

That looks nice.

I don't have push button start so I'll have to see if I can do it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That looks nice.

I don't have push button start so I'll have to see if I can do it.
There should still be a red wire at the ignition switch.I've put kill switches in all 3 of my Chysler products.The one thing you don't want to use is a lighted switch,for some reason they won't work.I never dug into the "why",but discovered it while adding a kill switch to the wifes 2019 Challenger . These switches work good.

OP
OP
Z

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l

Is it correct that with this set up you can kill the engine while driving down the highway if you hit the switch?

I just did it, and if so, I probably would not have done it if that is correct.

It is just too dangerous.

The cut off to the starter only prevents the starter from turning over.

If you are driving down the highway and you hit the cut off switch nothing happens.

Let me know if I'm correct.

Thanks

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Is it correct that with this set up you can kill the engine while driving down the highway if you hit the switch?

I just did it, and if so, I probably would not have done it if that is correct.

It is just too dangerous.

The cut off to the starter only prevents the starter from turning over.

If you are driving down the highway and you hit the cut off switch nothing happens.

Let me know if I'm correct.

Thanks
The kill switch installed on the red wire at the ignition switch won't kill it when it's already running,so you don't have to worry about shutting the vehicle down at highway speeds,plus you shouldn't be mounting the hidden switch where it's easily bumped. To kill a running Chrysler product,you have to kill the alternator feed to the fuse box under the hood. To make my truck NHRA legal with it's relocated battery,the master disconnect switch not only kills battery power it also kills power to the fuse box,if you don't shut down the alternator feed it'll stay running.Battery is in the rear box,the stand alone fuel cell is the front box

Attachments

• IMG_2923.JPG
    IMG_2923.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3998.JPG
    IMG_3998.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well kill switch and GPS added to the list. With the slope of my driveway and how nosey my neighbors are hopefully the trailer won't be an option for them, lol

OP
OP
Z

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
The kill switch installed on the red wire at the ignition switch won't kill it when it's already running,so you don't have to worry about shutting the vehicle down at highway speeds,plus you shouldn't be mounting the hidden switch where it's easily bumped. To kill a running Chrysler product,you have to kill the alternator feed to the fuse box under the hood. To make my truck NHRA legal with it's relocated battery,the master disconnect switch not only kills battery power it also kills power to the fuse box,if you don't shut down the alternator feed it'll stay running.Battery is in the rear box,the stand alone fuel cell is the front box

I used the Red wire. And with the engine running, if I switch it off the engine turns off.

I have the below ignition module - WIN?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I used the Red wire. And with the engine running, if I switch it off the engine turns off.

I have the below ignition module - WIN?

You must have used a differant red wire,as the truck shouldn't shut down if the alternator is turning and charging.Maybe the keyed switch is differant then the push button switch,but i highly doubt it.Did you use the red power wire right at the back of the ignition switch.I don't have access to a Chyrco product with the old school key,so i can't test it,but i'm still questioning why there'd be any differances between the red power wire at the switch whether it's a push button or a key,but maybe you're right.You can't shut the engine down by cutting into the red power wire on the push button trucks though,you can't even shut them down if the kill switch is off,you have to re-engage the kill switch before you can shut off the push button equipped Chyrco's

OP
OP
Z

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
You must have used a differant red wire,as the truck shouldn't shut down if the alternator is turning and charging.Maybe the keyed switch is differant then the push button switch,but i highly doubt it.Did you use the red power wire right at the back of the ignition switch.I don't have access to a Chyrco product with the old school key,so i can't test it,but i'm still questioning why there'd be any differances between the red power wire at the switch whether it's a push button or a key,but maybe you're right.You can't shut the engine down by cutting into the red power wire on the push button trucks though,you can't even shut them down if the kill switch is off,you have to re-engage the kill switch before you can shut off the push button equipped Chyrco's

I think I got the correct red wire.

With the red wire cut; I could not use my fob the start the car.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I think I got the correct red wire.

With the red wire cut; I could not use my fob the start the car.
That's correct,and you shouldn't have be able to start it by manually using the key either.It looks like the plug on the back of the switch is noticably differant then the push button switch,so maybe they will shut off with the kill switch engaged,but i still find it hard to believe,but with-out having a truck to try it on,i'm gonna have to believe you.I've never tried this on a 2500 or 3500,only the cars and 1500's,so they could be differant

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's correct,and you shouldn't have be able to start it by manually using the key either.It looks like the plug on the back of the switch is noticably differant then the push button switch,so maybe they will shut off with the kill switch engaged,but i still find it hard to believe,but with-out having a truck to try it on,i'm gonna have to believe you.I've never tried this on a 2500 or 3500,only the cars and 1500's,so they could be differant
The HD trucks must be different from the 1500 ignition switch. I know from installing keyless N go on my 2018 BigHorn the push button start ignition module and the TIPM ignition module use the same harness connection/connector.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
A thought, I haven't played with this , If you put the switch in the brake cck, it would not start
Would it on auto start ??
Can't remember, I just automatically step on the brake when I get in.
If it worked , save pulling the dash apart.
Some where in my parts box from working in the electronics trade years ago ,I have a magnetic switch, use a magnetic key, or any little magnet, and it turns the switch on.
That way you could sit in the seat stick the magnet over the plastic where the switch is and it will start. the magnet could stay on a seat frame or door frame, so you would not have to carry it , and no switch you have to have hidden . Just a wild ass idea, not that i will do it, where I live.

OP
OP
Z

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
A thought, I haven't played with this , If you put the switch in the brake cck, it would not start
Some where in my parts box from working in the electronics trade years ago ,I have a magnetic switch, use a magnetic key, or any little magnet, and it turns the switch on.
That way you could sit in the seat stick the magnet over the plastic where the switch is and it will start. the magnet could stay on a seat frame or door frame, so you would not have to carry it , and no switch you have to have hidden . Just a wild ass idea, not that i will do it, where I live.
brake cck

???????//

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heck of an idea, Hmmmmm, seeing as how remote start, U R not in the truck depressing brake, Hmmmmmmmm. Might work, as they usually break in, hook up and override, which would be hitting brake to close circuit, Hmmmmmmmm. Good argument for a Faraday Bag when in a crowded area also.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
On my push to start truck, my kill switch disabled the push button but still allows for remote start to work and if you cut the kill switch off while the truck is running, the truck stays running. Just the switch is disabled.

I followed the you tube video. From Kahl _ SRT. He has 2 videos on this subject as related to all SRT cars.

I also did the destroyer1320 plate for the netural strap. It is a great product

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The brake line circuit, you have to step on the pedal to start, so if you cut that wire (cck) truck would not start, but I don't remember if it is running on remote , do you need to step on the brake to switch it to run, Guess I could go try it.
HAVE no friggin idea. Just thought it was a neat idea/thought on a way to disable that PPL may not even think about. I am actually gonna buy a Faraday bag to put my FOB in for when I go to a "Big" town, place where I may be concerned ref somebody trying to copy my FOB signal.

OP
OP
Z

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
The brake line circuit, you have to step on the pedal to start, so if you cut that wire (cck) truck would not start, but I don't remember if it is running on remote , do you need to step on the brake to switch it to run, Guess I could go try it.
Isn't it step on pedal to get out of park?

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't it step on pedal to get out of park?
Push button start, have to step on Brake and hit Button to start. And yes, there is an interlock where U have to step on pedal to get out of park, that has been used for a lot of years.