know where I can find rubber / plastic plugs for the inside of the rocker panel area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spelunk68

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I was doing the woolwax (fluid film alternative, supposedly a little better) undercoating on my new ram and while under it there are oval holes to access the inside of the rocker (into the the back cab corners as well) area, like 5 or 6 in a line on each side. Being the spot my 4th gen rotted out (hardley any rust on the frame but the bottom cab corners same spot on both sides was rotted to a large hole, I did not even catch it since they were rotting under the paint from the insuide till I noticed a bubble in the paint one day, poked it and all that was there for the size of my large hands was paint, no more metal, crazy) without much snow driving here in the northeast I wanted to get in there good and I figured it would be a common thing to find, an oval grommet to plug the hole. I removed 4 of the clear stickers to access in there. Now that everything is coated there is no chance in hell of getting something to stick over the 4 holes I now have opened, and it seems finding oval rubber or plastic grommets to fit is not as easy as I thought. has anyone accessed that area of the 5th gen and found something to fit the holes to seal the up? I don't want anything permanent as i will be reapplying the stuff to enclosed sheet metal areas about every 5 years (annual for the general spray where it can get worn/washed off). The plastic seals I took off are transparent with 2 thin black lines where they were stuck to the sheet metal. I will get pictures if needed was just on the computer figured I would ask first.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
most NAPA stores carry round & oval rubber plugs
The last time i saw them, some bags, but not all had the manufacturers mark on them, ie: Ford, GM, Chrysler
They also carry the christmas tree pins, like those that hold the hood insulation in place

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
I've seen round but don't remember seeing oval shaped at Home Depot. They might have them though. I've also bought various sizes on Feebay (round) to plug antenna holes on decommissioned police cars. Here's some oval-ish ones. I don't know if they are your size.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
spelunk68

spelunk68

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can not find a size on the body plugs I think they are too big anyway. I am going to check the store suggestions tomorrow. These are small, the ones in the attached image in a assortment I had purchased , even the smallest one is just slightly too big.
plugsmall.png

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
I used some rectangular magnets I found at harbor frieght.They covered the hole perfectly.I was not sure if they would stay in place because I drive like a cowboy but I ck. them from time to time and they have not moved at all.Probably cheaper than the plastis plugs too.

shedkept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The plugs for 1st Gen. Trucks can be bought from Amazon and any Mopar/ Jeep dealer. PN 55257380AD
Retail at the dealer is considerably higher but pay attention as they are $3.99 on Amazon and I’ve seen them as high as $17!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If anyone is still looking for plugs & rubber parts for your vehicles, take a look at a company called STEELE Rubber