KSP UCAs. Budget friendly option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

First off, KSP is based out of China. So we can take that for what it is.

My thinking is with the issues with BDS balljoint failure, is KSP a viable alternative for leveled trucks? I tried searching the forum and the only thing that came up was people using their strut spacers. I'm looking into replacement UCAs before my stock ones give up the fight. I'm not interested in going to a 4" lift so I'd need UCAs for a leveled truck with the corrected balljoint angle.

Thoughts? I'm not afraid to be the guinea pig to some extent but I figure we can hash out the good, bad and ugly before I try them.

EDIT --- Amazon has them in stock, KSP website says sold out. https://smile.amazon.com/KSP-Suspen...+control+arms+ram+1500&qid=1624323131&sr=8-10

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can not speak on these unknown UCA's but I will say Zone has been our go to UCA for most applications and they have been great! I highly recommend them. They are very strong and are angle correcting for leveled trucks. They have been proven to work great in an application like yours's over and over again. UCA's are too important to skimp on. If you would like a quote on the Zone UCA's or anything else please feel free to message me. We have a bunch ready to ship!!

OP
OP
Bandit517

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can not speak on these unknown UCA's but I will say Zone has been our go to UCA for most applications and they have been great! I highly recommend them. They are very strong and are angle correcting for leveled trucks. They have been proven to work great in an application like yours's over and over again. UCA's are too important to skimp on. If you would like a quote on the Zone UCA's or anything else please feel free to message me. We have a bunch ready to ship!!

I'm going to do some more research on the Zone arms. I don't feel as confident in them as they're owned by BDS. (I used to work for them so I know it's all made in the same shop) But if I end up liking them I'll be sure to shoot you a PM for a quote.

I would never go the "budget friendly option" on something that important especially when someone like BDS who is a popular choice has had some quality issues and accidents .... definitely hit up @Nick@GotExhaust hell do it right ...

I'm the type to say "buy once, cry once". I'm not necessarily looking to save a buck. These look like a solid option in general. It's more-so to do with the continuing issues with BDS and Zone being a sister company to them, I don't want to end up with junk anyways. I'm still on the research stage anyways so I'm looking into all of the options for those that make UCAs for our trucks. I think it's limited to BDS, Zone, ReadyLift, Icon, KSP, JBA and RoughCountry if I'm not mistaken.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I'm going to do some more research on the Zone arms. I don't feel as confident in them as they're owned by BDS. (I used to work for them so I know it's all made in the same shop) But if I end up liking them I'll be sure to shoot you a PM for a quote.

I'm the type to say "buy once, cry once". I'm not necessarily looking to save a buck. These look like a solid option in general. It's more-so to do with the continuing issues with BDS and Zone being a sister company to them, I don't want to end up with junk anyways. I'm still on the research stage anyways so I'm looking into all of the options for those that make UCAs for our trucks. I think it's limited to BDS, Zone, ReadyLift, Icon, KSP, JBA and RoughCountry if I'm not mistaken.

How about the Maxtrac ones ... they are supposedly very good stuff ...

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1 on the zones. Mine have been rock solid for the years that I have had them. I just shoot some grease in the zerk fittings when I rotate my tires and forget about them.

OP
OP
Bandit517

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, Compiled a quick rundown of known UCAs (@CAG CheechDogg I forgot about MaxTrac in my previous post) Prices based off their website. I'm imagine if we got them thru Nick he'd have a better price for us.

ICON - $892.45

MaxTrac - $769.95

BDS - $772.62

Zone - $499.95

ReadyLift - $439.95

RoughCountry - $299.95

JBA - $539.95

KSP - $349.99

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

BDS had a bad run with the manufacturer of the ball joints. The UCA’s didn’t have a problem. Zone doesn’t use the same ball joints and have remained in the best bang for the buck category for years. If you’re looking more into a reliable cost effective UCA’s Zone is going to win every time. Icon would be the upgrade for a few extra dollars. There are plenty of good reads on this forum

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ICON and Maxtrac are great options and I can for sure help you out with them

As @Quick_Shifter (he knows his RAM suspensions) the Zone UCAs are not the exact same as BDS. they are much better than BDS.

Last edited:

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
JBA’s are the best upper control arms out there for a small lift/leveled truck. Is there a UCA out there that has a better balljoint than JBA’s? Nope!
Someone prove me wrong! :)

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
JBA’s are the best upper control arms out there for a small lift/leveled truck. Is there a UCA out there that has a better balljoint than JBA’s? Nope!
Someone prove me wrong! :)
You’ve been down that road before. JBA is a well designed UCA from a small company right around the corner from my house. They are good but not the best. Budget friendly.... zone wins and uniball icon wins. JBA offroad has a place and I wouldn’t steer anyone away from running them but I would not hold them as the holy grail

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You’ve been down that road before. JBA is a well designed UCA from a small company right around the corner from my house. They are good but not the best. Budget friendly.... zone wins and uniball icon wins. JBA offroad has a place and I wouldn’t steer anyone away from running them but I would not hold them as the holy grail
The holly grail? No. The top of the list, yes. Why?
If you’re shopping for a UCA, you of course want a UCA that uses quality metal and with good welds. And one made for a small lift/leveling. And nearly all of them do. So then it really all comes down to the components of the UCA. Bushings, balljoints, or uniball. If you want a uniball or then yes, look at the Icons or others. But the potential of a annoying squeaking uniball is reason #1 for most to not go with a uniball. They’re great for racing and off road. Not so great for the daily driver.
Since I think everyone stopped using poly for the bushings, as long as they have a zerk fitting for grease, they’re all probably close to equal. Although you probably do not want rubber bushings.
So the biggest factor in a UCA is the balljoint! And I think the JBA’s are the best out there. They have the best range of motion, are strong, and not too expensive. And if you need to get a replacement immediately, you can buy a balljoint that will fit the JBA at almost any auto parts store.

If someone is on a tight enough budget and they’re picking Zone’s over JBA’s because they’re $40 cheaper, then I wonder what else they’re cheaping out on.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just wanted the best money could buy without a uniball and I didn't know about the JBAs at the time. They both look fine to me, you can get the Zone ball joints at pretty much any parts store too. They are an off the shelf moog part. I believe this is the correct part number moog K80630

I would prefer poly bushings on the zones but oh well.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had Zone and now i have Icon DJ. If i had to do it again i'd go with Icon. Poly bushings on your IFS upper control arms are better than rubber at least when it comes to beating the arms in the dirt. Icons DJ have a little better range of motion as well compared to the Zone Moog HD BJ and can provide even more caster correction compare to the Zone. All in all Zone are not bad UCA's just in case and if its for a DD they're more than fine for that they cost. I have a used set at home, i just need to stop being lazy weight them in and put them in a box and out for sale here :)

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
+1 on the Zone's. As @ram1500rsm said Icons are the best for these trucks, but they are the most expensive. If you wheel your rig regularly and have the money to spend, go Icons. If you're the 90% of us on this forum who don't Zones are gonna be great.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I'll be the ****** here that'll vote for the Ready Lifts. I've got at least 60k+ on them and have done nothing but grease the BJs at my oil changes. I'm refreshing them this year with BJs since I'm re building my front end completely otherwise they'd still be fine. Paint still looks brand new after 3 northeast winters.

Screwowner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the KSP UCA with their 2.5” spacer with a 1.5” body lift running 35x12.5 on factory 20’s. Alignment came out perfect, have been running them for about 3 months now with 0 problems. Temps up here in have been -40c to 5c so far.