LakeFisher's 2018 Ram 2500 Power Wagon Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sweet truck. Exhaust sounds really good. Is it raspy under load?

Thanks, Phil21502. I haven't pulled anything with the truck yet, but everybody around knows when you get on it... it's pretty loud, mean, and throaty. If I pulled trailers a lot, I don't think I would want this exhaust. I have an 18' flatbed that I'll pull my tractor or other items on occasionally, but not often enough to worry about it.

Here's another video while it's warm running at idle. I don't have a video while driving it yet.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

340 Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally my exhaust and black tips were installed. Now this truck finally sounds the way it should! Sorry for the dirty truck pics.
Black Widow Venom 250 Muffler
Custom Exhaust with 4" Black Stainless Steel Fedar Tips
Custom exhaust installed after factory Y pipe to 3" input/dual 3" output Black Widow Venom 250 muffler. 3" pipe to 4" Black SS tips.

View attachment 123634

View attachment 123635

Video clip... Cold start... gets deeper tone towards the end of the video.

I want to do same setup and was wondering if you used stainless for the dual exhaust and diameter you went with. Thanks

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I want to do same setup and was wondering if you used stainless for the dual exhaust and diameter you went with. Thanks
We stayed with 3" stainless pipe because of the input/output on the muffler. I would do the exact same again but maybe go with 5" tips. I thought about it but it seemed too big. Maybe 4.5 if you can find them. I had to remove the spare tire and shield to do it like I wanted. I couldn't fit 35s under there anyway.

Last edited:

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What else have you done to your truck since?

2018 2500 6.4 4x4 4.10 Amsoil SS 0w-40, Softopper
Black Rhino Armory 18x9 +12mm
Cooper Stt MAXX LT295/70R18

2016 Durango 5.7 AWD 3.07 Amsoil SS 5W-30
1996 Nissan Altima 2.4 Amsoil SS 5W-30

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What else have you done to your truck since?

Unfortunately, I haven't done much since. I have some switches that I need to install for the lights but haven't gotten around to it. And I would love to do some kind of protective coating on it but haven't gotten around to that either.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately, I haven't done much since. I have some switches that I need to install for the lights but haven't gotten around to it. And I would love to do some kind of protective coating on it but haven't gotten around to that either.

Same here! Ceramic coat no doubt for me, but now after 2 1/2 years and 25k miles I will no doubt need lots of paint correction before it ugh.

Love your truck!

Any major drone with that muffler and deleted can?

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Same here! Ceramic coat no doubt for me, but now after 2 1/2 years and 25k miles I will no doubt need lots of paint correction before it ugh.

Love your truck!

Any major drone with that muffler and deleted can?

Thanks, olyelr. Yes, it does have drone at times, especially when cold and increasing speed in low gear, but not bad otherwise. There have been a few times when I had a window slightly down that it will get really bad in the truck, but with window all the way down or multiple windows down, it's not bad. At normal city speeds and highway speeds, it's good. And when you get on it, it's great! Not sure how the people that I'm passing feel about it. I would get it again. Problem is, it sounds too good, so I can't keep my foot out of it. Windows down, starting from a stop light... love that growl taking off.

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nice! Just picked up my PW last week, already looking for some goodies to add to it. Does this bull bar bolt straight on? No mods?

OP
OP
LakeFisher

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nice! Just picked up my PW last week, already looking for some goodies to add to it. Does this bull bar bolt straight on? No mods?
No mods, but like I said, it could interfere with the winch line when connected to a low endpoint or if your truck was in a ditch rear down and pulling out from front.

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I hear ya, good info.. thanks

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
NICE! Looks like a bull dog ;) Going to be looking into one of those bull bars. Wondering if the brackets are strong enough, if you attached a strip of 1/2" phenolic to the cross piece that is too high instead of welding new brackets to lower it? OK, just looked at that bull bar online, does not look like the brackets will withstand the force that the winch will be putting on them.

Last edited: