"LAMP OUT" displayed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snarley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Periodically, the "LAMP OUT" message is displayed on instrument panel and alarm sounds off. I have checked all the bulbs and they all seem to work. 2003 2500 4x4 with 5.7L.
I suspect there is a loose wire somewhere. Anyone else experienced this?

XDarkMaelstromX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had that recently on my 03 4.7. Checked all my lights, had my wife push the brakes/reverse. found out that my drivers brake light was out. bulb was good so cleaned up the connectors and push everything in nice and snug. that fixed it. check your bulbs again, if theyre all good then like you said, it might be a loose wire.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If your going to the trouble of taking the covers off of bulbs
I would have some Emory cloth & some Electric Contact Cleaner with me & use it

Preventative Maintenance

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I had that occasionally since swapping out all my bulbs with LEDs even though I used resistors and the whole 9 yards. Turned out to be a loose connection in the driver's side rear fender running light. I cleaned, greased and reassembled and never had it since. (duallies have running lights frt and rr on the fenders)

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Best way to eliminate potential problems is replace all external light bulbs and clean up the sockets while doing it. If you still get error warning, that becomes a wire check next.