Laramie chrome wheel covers cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 17 Laramie 1500 with the plastic chrome wheel covers. After a winter of neglect I finally washed it today. The truck looks good but the wheels look like crap. There are a lot of marks on them that won't wash off. Is there a good cleaner that will restore them to their former glory? Or will I have to think about new covers?

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I have a 17 Laramie 1500 with the plastic chrome wheel covers. After a winter of neglect I finally washed it today. The truck looks good but the wheels look like crap. There are a lot of marks on them that won't wash off. Is there a good cleaner that will restore them to their former glory? Or will I have to think about new covers?
Be prepared for the paint them black replies. Lol. I ended up buying chrome wheels to replace mine, there's only so much you can do for the plastic chrome.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Hahaha @2012RAM1500RT so true. Plastic scratches easy so you are left with sand and paint them, or replace them with a chrome wheel.

Maybe try some Scratch filler? No idea if that will work - total guess.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
"Won't wash off"----what have you tried to use to clean them up?
Jay