Laramie has “gold” trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I immediately noticed it when I was first looking at the truck and it drove me nuts. Does anyone else have the black interior with these gold trim pieces around the center stack and center console? 2c3021fb80caef24a580ca26061eab10.jpg Have you done anything to change it or do you plan to? I ended up wrapping mine with a new 3M material that basically looks like a cross between carbon fiber and the bumpy leather. Makes a huge difference. If this peels I plan to sand them smooth and paint gloss black. bd4658e1ee256c2b1e25491b018d0114.jpg993159c2d20a9f3b5a0a312e90070f67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice job. I did that to the center stack of my F150 many years ago. It held up nicely.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That gold looked terrible, at least you fixed it, looks much better now

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I also have the “ gold “ look as well and honestly what the heck were they thinking lol.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
It doesn't look bad with the brown frost interior IMO

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks damn good! A lot of folks do something similar to cover the blinding ring of death on the full console in the 4th gen trucks. I’m an electrical tape kind of guy myself.

OP
OP
H

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also have the “ gold “ look as well and honestly what the heck were they thinking lol.

It looks so out of place! Really like what I turned mine into, but I also would really like the gloss black after sanding.

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I immediately noticed it when I was first looking at the truck and it drove me nuts. Does anyone else have the black interior with these gold trim pieces around the center stack and center console? 2c3021fb80caef24a580ca26061eab10.jpg Have you done anything to change it or do you plan to? I ended up wrapping mine with a new 3M material that basically looks like a cross between carbon fiber and the bumpy leather. Makes a huge difference. If this peels I plan to sand them smooth and paint gloss black. bd4658e1ee256c2b1e25491b018d0114.jpg993159c2d20a9f3b5a0a312e90070f67.jpg

where did you find textured vinyl? That looks awesome!!!

OP
OP
H

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
where did you find textured vinyl? That looks awesome!!!

It’s a newer 3M product. The shop I bought it from said they had it as an option for less than a month, and it took a few weeks for them to get it in stock. No joke though, I can’t think of a more perfect match.

ksn240

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks damn good! A lot of folks do something similar to cover the blinding ring of death on the full console in the 4th gen trucks. I’m an electrical tape kind of guy myself.
I hated that thing! Took it off asap and plastidip to the rescue.

tjZ06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 1500 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ours is the same, sort of gold:

D8uVS9I.jpg

IgfTlDC.jpg

We're not a huge fan of it either. I did a lot of wrapping and customization in my '11 D'max, so we might try something on this as well. With my D'max my goal was to make it very subtle, so that most folks would think it was just a very nice stock interior. I used a lot of alcantara, which RAM has already done on these '19 Laramies so that's nice. But the gold, yeah we're not huge on it.

Is the gold the same area that's red on the Rebels? I wonder about swapping in the Rebel trim... but it's pretty "loud" and might not suit the very classy feel of the Laramie. One of the reasons we didn't get a Limited was we didn't like the embossed "tribal" on the door panels that looked tacky and as we describe it, looked like the pockets of $500 jeans you see somebody in SF wearing. We would't want to make our very clean, classy Laramie interior "tacky."

Here's an example of what we did with my D'max, about 7-8 years ago now and it still look perfect:

finished_front_door_panel.jpg

I tried to post multiple pics, but it seems like Photobucket and the forum don't get along. On that one door panel you'll see the custom-mounted Hertz speaker, the suede-wrapped insert, and the brushed AL-look vinyl wrapped window switch panel (kinda hard to see in this pic... but again I couldn't post multiple old photobucket pics). We also did the headliner and all pillars in suede, painted all the "grey" plastic trim in the interior in black, wrapped all the GM fake wood in the brushed AL-look vinyl, etc

I don't the the RAM needs nearly this much work, especially since the interior is already all-black on the pillars and headliner (IDK why GM insists on making the headliner and stuff grey on black interior trucks). But we could wrap the gold...

Last edited:

Matt h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi etorque
The wrap looks great, I've been looking for a solution to the gold in mine as well. I was hoping to swap out the pieces from a limited but this may be a better option. Were you able to wrap it in place or did you remove them? If you removed them do you have any tips? Thanks!

dragon_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
So I immediately noticed it when I was first looking at the truck and it drove me nuts. Does anyone else have the black interior with these gold trim pieces around the center stack and center console? Have you done anything to change it or do you plan to? I ended up wrapping mine with a new 3M material that basically looks like a cross between carbon fiber and the bumpy leather. Makes a huge difference. If this peels I plan to sand them smooth and paint gloss black.

Looks great. Do you have a write up on trim removal? I’d like to paint these actually, and I cannot stand the chrome bezel as it reflects in the windows everywhere!

dragon_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I don't the the RAM needs nearly this much work, especially since the interior is already all-black on the pillars and headliner (IDK why GM insists on making the headliner and stuff grey on black interior trucks). But we could wrap the gold...

Wait, black suede on that gold trim might be the way to go. Any product suggestions?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf