Laramie Level 1 Or Level A Group

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Popntx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I am ready to pull the trigger on purchasing a new Ram Laramie 1500 Crew Cab Southwest Edition. One dealer I'm talking to has quoted me what I want, including the "Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group". Among other things, this equipment group includes blind spot detection. Problem is, I've been told by other dealers that Ram no longer offers blind spot detection due to the chip shortage, and in fact I can't find anywhere a "Level 1 Group" offering on the Ram website or on any window stickers. What I do see is a "Level A Equipment Group", which includes some of the features as the "Level 1" but does not include blind spot detection.

I asked the dealer to confirm that the Level 1 Equipment Group is in fact available and does include blind spot detection, and they responded that this is what's on their order software. I asked that they confirm this with their manager, which they said they did.

As much as I want blind spot detection, I doubt what this dealer is telling me is accurate. Perhaps they have outdated order software. In any case, can anyone confirm for me whether or not a Level 1 Equipment Group is available with blind spot detection?

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Level 1 hasnt been available for a while now. I was lucky to order in January and just got under the wire.

Doug Steinbach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Limited trim has the blind spot and about everything else. Ordered one in May 2020 and was told last Wednesday it’s finally in production.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
well are you getting the 2020 that you ordered or a 2022 .

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Limited trim has the blind spot and about everything else. Ordered one in May 2020 and was told last Wednesday it’s finally in production.
Seriously, it has been over a year and a half since you ordered?!?!

OP
OP
P

Popntx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ram recently switched back from Level A to Level 1 w/ BSM
This is the first I’ve heard about Ram switching back to Level 1 with BSM. If so great news. However when I go directly to the Ram website to build my own Ram, it still shows only the Level A and B options.

Where did you find out about Level 1 with BSM being available again?

IvoryHemi

Reaction score
This is the first I’ve heard about Ram switching back to Level 1 with BSM. If so great news. However when I go directly to the Ram website to build my own Ram, it still shows only the Level A and B options.

Where did you find out about Level 1 with BSM being available again?

Website is always slow to update.

8AF1156A-01DB-4EE6-AACF-93AE774B49BA.png

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our '16 T/C has the blind spot option but my '17 Ram does not. My opinion is that this option makes you lazy not to check or adjust your mirrors properly.