Laramie Sport cant be configured with 360 camera and 12 inch screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was trying to set up the configuration tool to what I wanted exactly but when I chose the Laramie with a sport package and picked 12 inch screen it forces you to add the trailer tow group as well which includes the trailer tow mirrors which removes your ability to add the 360 camera. Why do I need the trailer tow group for the upgraded screen? The two features I want are the screen and the 360 camera but you cant have both unless you get a top of the line Limited instead? I'm not a fan of the front end of the Limited and want a Laramie with the Sport edition package but am disappointed how they are forcing you into very limited option packages. I also thought about getting a Rebel instead but again couldn't get the 12 inch screen. Maybe next year they will expand there features to the other models...

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They need the bigger mirrors that are designed with the cameras. The smaller mirrors do not have the provision yet.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I chose the Laramie with a sport package and picked 12 inch screen it forces you to add the trailer tow group

So I ordered a truck not knowing the tow package got rid of the 360 camera, and I refused to buy it.

I decided to add the sport appearance package on the second order, and ran into the same problem as you. I'm not sure what William means above this post, because the sport appearance mirrors and non sport appearance mirrors are the same as far as I know with the only difference being the color vs. chome.

I told the dealer what I wanted over the phone on Friday. They didn't think it would be a problem, but the order hasn't taken yet. I will let you know if they come back to me and say it can't be done in the next day or two here. Then we'll know for sure.

OP
OP
zuiquan1

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They need the bigger mirrors that are designed with the cameras. The smaller mirrors do not have the provision yet.

I understand I just don't see why they force you to into the trailer tow group when wanting a 12inch screen. The two features have nothing to do with each other.

I told the dealer what I wanted over the phone on Friday. They didn't think it would be a problem, but the order hasn't taken yet. I will let you know if they come back to me and say it can't be done in the next day or two here. Then we'll know for sure.

That's great! Hope to hear some good news. I'm hoping its just an error with the build and price tool. I'll be quite upset if they are doing this on purpose to push other options or force you to buy a more expensive trim in order to get all the features you want.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s likely just an early packaging setup to get popular options early out. Ford will do this too to get specific builds out fast then usually on the next build cycle they allow a more alacarte list. I can’t say this to be certain but it’s been our case in the past. Then again perhaps the wiring harness and can bus need a certain list to function properly?

demetriew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you build it at the dealer they wont make you add it. Its an issue on the RAM site.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there anyone here that has the 12" screen w/o tow mirrors and the 360 camera?

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea it does, I will take pictures of it when I leave for work.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Hey congrats, now that’s a great truck, awesome color, sport hood, nice wheels and the 12” screen with 360 camera.....perfect imo

TY!

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Killer Sport! Kinda wish I would of gone this route.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Was trying to set up the configuration tool to what I wanted exactly but when I chose the Laramie with a sport package and picked 12 inch screen it forces you to add the trailer tow group as well which includes the trailer tow mirrors which removes your ability to add the 360 camera. Why do I need the trailer tow group for the upgraded screen? The two features I want are the screen and the 360 camera but you cant have both unless you get a top of the line Limited instead? I'm not a fan of the front end of the Limited and want a Laramie with the Sport edition package but am disappointed how they are forcing you into very limited option packages. I also thought about getting a Rebel instead but again couldn't get the 12 inch screen. Maybe next year they will expand there features to the other models...

I feel your pain. I'm trying for a Laramie (forced on me because I want 12" and vented seats), but only want a Quad cab not a full blown Crew, and also the RamBox. Which they aint (as of last month) making in the bed length that comes with the Quad cabs.
It's like you gotta get a Big Horn and option it out, or buy a Limited and pay for stuff you don't want/need.
Bastages! If they keep this up I just might tell them my displeasure! (I won't ACTUALLY leave them for a Ford tho) LOL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye