Largest tire size on 2016 RAM stocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickm123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, I have a 2016 Big Horn 4wd with a 1.5' leveling kit, just curious from people who have experience. What is the largest tire size i can run without it rubbing inside the fender or rubbing on the control arm. I have the stock 20" big horn chrome wheels. I want them to fill up the fender well but minimal rubbing or none at all. Thanks.

CAGEYAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
On my 2017 Ram Longhorn with 20" wheels I'm on my 2nd set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT in size LT275/65R20. Slightly larger aspect ratio. They fill the wheel wells nicely and provide improved handling and towing performance. At full lock, they seem to just slightly kiss the cross bar linkage. You can barely feel it but I think it does just touch it. Leaves no marks on the tire. Only happens at full lock at low speeds in parking lot situations. I'm sold on these tires. Rotating every 6K miles, I replaced them with new at 45K with 6/32" tread left. They're expensive so my theory was to sell the them while they still had value. Paid for one of the four new tires. If you keep them on to the wear bars, you'll get 60-65K miles.

CAGEYAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
No I don't have a leveling kit. My Longhorn has the automatic leveling air suspension.