Leak in rear of cabin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach85

Reaction score
Ram Year
For months I've had an odd musty smell in my 2020 Ram 1500 on and off that I could never find the source of even after meticulous cleaning. And now I have also noticed water stains forming on the rear roof headliner and surrounding the rear airbags. After doing some research it seems I likely have a leak around my third brake light. It does not rain very often or very hard when it does rain where I live, but recently we've a had a good amount. The truck is no longer under warranty at 40k, however this seems to be a common problem. Does anyone have any experiences getting Ram to fix this issue when the vehicle is no longer under warranty? With as common of a problem this seems to be I'm surprised there is no recall for it.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It wasn’t worth it for me to have the third brake light gasket replaced under warranty. A new gasket on Amazon was 10 USD and it took about 30 minutes of my time. That was less hassle than a day at the dealer with drop off and pickup. It’s an easy fix if you decide to DYI.

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4