Leaky Pressure vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capt Milks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hurricane brought a lot of rain and a few leaks. Looks like the, 2011 Crew Cab 3500 DRW, sat antenna is leaking and the rear window corners and one of the pressure vents behind the seat. Has anybody replaced one? I was wondering if it could be done from the inside. The new updated part, 68157351AD isn't very expensive.

OP
OP
C

Capt Milks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes wet in the pass rear corner. took stuff apart and saw the water on the sat cable . Now the brake light could be the culprit of the vent but it appeared to be the vent after the water test, could be wrong however, will seal the third brake light anyway.

onemc4you

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Super glue fix-all adhesive.
My 2012 leaked. Put this around brake light and satellite. Stopped it.
IMG_3097.JPG

Note: hold tube at 45degree angle away from direction you are going works best. Kind of like you are welding with a tig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAMMIN_TIME

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I have a pressure vent leaking were you able to confirm this? It looked like I had water coming down the rear panel, brake light and window do not appear to be leaking as I have fixed those already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tanger

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 3500
Engine
6.7 diesel
I believe I have the same problem with my pressure vent. So far dealer resealed the third brake light, but still getting a leak. Dealer thought my bed cover was causing the leak around my pressure vent. So, I removed bed cover for the time being waiting for a good rain. Just to let you know that the dealer did tell me the bed would come off to fix pressure vents. Which can be a costly job, unless you can do yourself.

RAMMIN_TIME

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found that I had more leakage at my sliding window seals than the vents. I just got some black rtv and formed to the gap. All good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn