LED Bulb Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The problem seems to be with the Perde headlight housings. Yes, the LED bulbs aren't adjustable, but they would have worked normally in the OEM housings. For some reason, the Perde lights had the bulb slots rotated. I have some pics of it all, but in the end - after rotating the bulbs so they align correctly, they're great. Not sure why Perde did what they did, but, I worked through it.

Need to get some LED fog bulbs now. Maybe do the high's eventually, but I'm mostly in town and don't use them.
Highs may not fit with the fan and/or heat sync on the back of these bulbs...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

ALLA Lighting

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L V6 diesel
The problem seems to be with the Perde headlight housings. Yes, the LED bulbs aren't adjustable, but they would have worked normally in the OEM housings. For some reason, the Perde lights had the bulb slots rotated. I have some pics of it all, but in the end - after rotating the bulbs so they align correctly, they're great. Not sure why Perde did what they did, but, I worked through it.

Need to get some LED fog bulbs now. Maybe do the high's eventually, but I'm mostly in town and don't use them.

Unfortunately, for some LED designs will not be best for some vehicle housings since LEDs have chips (most of the time 2 sided) and are not in a clear glass casing. Making the beam direction super important. Upgrading your Fog light will be a excellent idea. It will add more visual down the road. Maybe a 3000K gold yellow Fog light :) P.S. Your vehicle looks awesome.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It took a bit of tweaking, but the headlights look good now with much better light output. When I get the fogs, I'd like to have the cool white to match the lows.

Thanks for the compliment, it took me a long time to find yellow. Looks better now with the black heads/tails.

Cbrooks45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I too had issues with the Opt7 with the diffusion, that and the fans and what not killed reception in my radio. I went back to OEM and then swapped to HR V2s no issues with either and far brighter and better pattern.

With the HR V2s, do I have to do anything with the harness or wiring to get them to work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio