LED Headlight Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14ramdjh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have fahren 20000 lumins work great perfect light cutoff on top. they have 28000 lumins now 69-89$ on website

i have a 2014 1500 projector lens perfect fit

sra2ssgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I bought the Nineo brand LED lights from Amazon for $50 as set for my low, high, and fogs. They are very bright and I have had zero issues with them over the 18 months they have been installed. You can also adjust the light in the housing so that you get the proper light pattern. I don’t blind anyone that’s in front of me at stop lights. Well worth the money.

Cadiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
My thoughts, when I went down this LED upgrade rabbit hole a few years back, No after market led’s are actually DOT certified that I could find. all of them are (for off road use only) especially bad if used in stock quad housings.
So, I found even with Alfa Rex G2 projector swap you’re just blinding others on the road at night.
That’s With using correct height adjustments anything beyond the cut off was too dark for my liking at high speeds.

So, If one must spend money on this,
my recommendation without starting your own You Tube or podcast testing every LED on the market, save yourself the headache. just switch your high beams out to LED’s on the dark empty roads and silver stars halogen for the low beams.
The new headlight housings have the upgraded style I was looking for.

Side note: Alfa Rex g2 housing swap requires resistors across parking lamps circuit (17 ram 3500.) Alfa OBD software settings wouldn’t fix my parking lamp errors.

Got resistors from Alfa Rex tech support after much frustration. Installed them inside assembly like they should have been in first place, at least for my application/ year of truck.
Other years could have different requirements/ bugs.

Phil Wilson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone,

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8 Hemi. I am looking to replace m halogen headlight bulbs with LED for both low and high beam. What brands do you all suggest? Thank you in advance.
Iceman,

I have a 2011 1500 SLT 5.7, and it came factory with the quad halogen headlights. I wanted LED brightness, but didn't want to put LEDs in a halogen fixture. My lenses were also starting to turn yellow and hazy, so I opted to replace the assemblies with aftermarket projector units. I did months of research and was discouraged because of bad reviews from leaking. I finally came across these Alpharex Pro-Series G2 units, with projectors for both low-beam and high-beam. And the turn signals are sequential LEDs too. Plus, I could add DRL, which I wanted. I love them! Seriously!!

Assemblies: https://www.vividracing.com/dodge-r...ghts-black-20092018-alpharex-p-152850035.html
High-beam Bulbs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096S291NR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Low-beam Bulbs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09LD4T2XK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The light beam is beautiful! I have a very distinct cut-off across the top, so I can really dial them in for illumination up the road, and still not blind anyone.

I highly, highly recommend this setup! I'm hard to please when it comes to stuff like this, and I'm blown away!

Attachments

• DRL Pic.jpg
    DRL Pic.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 40
  • High Beams.jpg
    High Beams.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Low Beams w Driving Lights.jpg
    Low Beams w Driving Lights.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 38
  • Low Beams w Flashers.jpg
    Low Beams w Flashers.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 35
  • Low Beams.jpg
    Low Beams.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 38

Phil Wilson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My thoughts, when I went down this LED upgrade rabbit hole a few years back, No after market led’s are actually DOT certified that I could find. all of them are (for off road use only) especially bad if used in stock quad housings.
So, I found even with Alfa Rex G2 projector swap you’re just blinding others on the road at night.
That’s With using correct height adjustments anything beyond the cut off was too dark for my liking at high speeds.

So, If one must spend money on this,
my recommendation without starting your own You Tube or podcast testing every LED on the market, save yourself the headache. just switch your high beams out to LED’s on the dark empty roads and silver stars halogen for the low beams.
The new headlight housings have the upgraded style I was looking for.

Side note: Alfa Rex g2 housing swap requires resistors across parking lamps circuit (17 ram 3500.) Alfa OBD software settings wouldn’t fix my parking lamp errors.

Got resistors from Alfa Rex tech support after much frustration. Installed them inside assembly like they should have been in first place, at least for my application/ year of truck.
Other years could have different requirements/ bugs.
Cadiram,

I switched to the exact same fixtures with LED bulbs from Amazon...
High-Beam https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09LD4T2XK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Low-Beam https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09LD4T2XK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It took a couple of days to get the upper cut-off where I needed it. I drive 2000-2500 miles/month, and a third of that is at night, both in Houston traffic and on dark country roads. For a 55-y/o man, I can see way up the road and very clearly, and I don't have anyone flashing their brights at me. I've been running them hard since February, and I'm very happy with them.

Attachments

• High Beams.jpg
    High Beams.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Low Beams.jpg
    Low Beams.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 5

Bandit1859

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone,

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 5.7L V8 Hemi. I am looking to replace m halogen headlight bulbs with LED for both low and high beam. What brands do you all suggest? Thank you in advance.
I tried a 2014 Ram Sport. It was about 4yrs ago did not come out well. But tech has changed a lot since you might be ok

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can 100% confirm that the Fahren LED H11 & 9005 set I purchased and linked in this thread DO NOT flicker or throw errors. I had to clock both 9005’s, but it was easy. All bulbs oriented 9 & 3. No issues with install. Actually impressed with mfg quality. Low beams are about a 25% improvement over my modded H9’s. High beans are about a 500% improvement. Wow. Went ahead and adjusted the headlights down significantly.

One Mile Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I guess I should update too...

The products I linked in this thread installed flawlessly! No issues to report.

The only thing:
When I received the package of components to be installed ONE of the Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 low beam bulb's was NOT factory sealed and when I opened it up it was clear that it had been at the very least taken out of the box and put back in :think:. I went ahead and installed it anyway -> but after buttoning everything back up and correctly aiming my lights -- I noticed that one of the bulbs had a very different "hot-spot" than the other (and yes, they were clocked appropriately :waytogo:).

SO -- I gave Headlight Revolution a buzz and they didn't even hesitate to send me a new bulb that day! I asked if they wanted the old one back and they said to just "field destroy" it) <-- this is the kind of customer service I was looking for!

My feelings on the upgrades: IF you have the extra cash, I would absolutely 100% do this upgrade to your forward lighting on your RAM. I understand that I spent a butt-load on lighting here, and that one could potentially obtain a similar outcome with cheaper parts... but for me -- I just wanted "plug-n-play" and "no-issue installation" and that is exactly what I got. No muss, no fuss (other than a defected bulb -- that is).

At the end of the day, I honestly believe that what makes my driving experience 100% better - are the fog lights I purchased through Diode Dynamics --> those things are UN-REAL.

The Morimoto's are bright and are a huge uptick in brightness from stock -- but if/when they burn out, I wouldn't be opposed to trying something different.
Hope this helps someone in the future! :cheers:

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just ordered the same set as @ThunderMug95, I'll report back here after install and see what I think

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As it turns out, since I have a 2009 it's a different headlight assembly with only 1 bulb rather then 2 for highs and lows (is that what people call quad headlights?)... dumb me didn't even think to go confirm my truck had 2 sets of bulbs. My dads truck does have the 4 bulbs though so I'll throw them on his and find something else for mine.

So can anyone recommend good bulbs that will fit mine? I was looking at these: https://www.amazon.com/Fahren-9008-...x=h13+led+headlight+bulb,aps,177&sr=8-10&th=1

Last edited:

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As it turns out, since I have a 2009 it's a different headlight assembly with only 1 bulb rather then 2 for highs and lows (is that what people call quad headlights?)... dumb me didn't even think to go confirm my truck had 2 sets of bulbs. My dads truck does have the 4 bulbs though so I'll throw them on his and find something else for mine.

So can anyone recommend good bulbs that will fit mine? I was looking at these: https://www.amazon.com/Fahren-9008-H13-Headlight-Bulbs/dp/B08ZYL4TNJ/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2EJUJQGG73FNP&keywords=h13+led+headlight+bulbs&qid=1671643810&sprefix=h13+led+headlight+bulb,aps,177&sr=8-10&th=1
Those are the same model, just different type. I would think they were of the same quality/consistency.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
so after reading all this i'm unsure what my best option would be. i have a 2018 2500 Big Horn with standard halogen bulbs. i don't want to get into a big project and prefer plug and play. What would be my best option for a brighter, crisper light? Not really looking to do cutting and soldering or even changing housings but will change housings if necessary

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so after reading all this i'm unsure what my best option would be. i have a 2018 2500 Big Horn with standard halogen bulbs. i don't want to get into a big project and prefer plug and play. What would be my best option for a brighter, crisper light? Not really looking to do cutting and soldering or even changing housings but will change housings if necessary

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
That video just did so much research for me, thank you for sharing that.
If anyone is deciding on a brand of LED bulb for your halogen housing, watch this video.
They show each bulbs light output compared to factory and only reviewed bulbs that fit in the housing

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick update, I installed both the H13s into my truck with the earlier style reflector housing and the H11/H9005 kit into my dads 2016. Haven't had a chance to test mine on the road as I've been doing some other maintenance, but they're great on my dads truck. Super bright, crisp and well focused. Plug and play, and as thundermug said the H11s were clocked perfectly, 9005s needed some adjustment.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quick update, I installed both the H13s into my truck with the earlier style reflector housing and the H11/H9005 kit into my dads 2016. Haven't had a chance to test mine on the road as I've been doing some other maintenance, but they're great on my dads truck. Super bright, crisp and well focused. Plug and play, and as thundermug said the H11s were clocked perfectly, 9005s needed some adjustment.
so which ones did you go with?

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wow. much cheaper than the ones posted earlier for about $450. Will check it out. Worth the $70 to try them out