LED Headlight Installation Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madmax62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi, I own a 2012 Ram 3500. I am in the process of installing Sealight LED bulbs. Installation went fairly smoothly but there was one issue. When installing the highbeam lights, the led lights were in the 12:00 and 6:00 position instead of the 3:00 and 9:00 position as they are supposed to be. Because of the way the collar locks the led lights in place, I couldn't figure out any way to install them properly. Is it possible to get a collar that will work properly or has anyone figured out a way to overcome this issue? I just installed them and haven't had the opportunity to try them out, but I'm guessing the light dispersal pattern may be all messed up when turning on the high beams. Any help would be appreciated.

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hope you get this worked out. Check and see if they have a small set screw that allows the collar to be clocked, or adjusted. If not, not sure if swapping out left and right LED's will help any with this situation. Last ditch, contact the seller and see if they have a different clock position LED for your install. Hopefully one of these work for you so you can get your lights up and running...

OP
OP
M

Madmax62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The way that collar is made, there is no set screw. It is simply a plastic collar that slips over a tab that's part of the headlight housing. The tab locks the collar in place. From what I can tell, there's no way to rig it to work. I thought maybe someone sold collars that would orient the bulb to be at the 9:00 and 3:00 position.

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try touching base with the seller and ask if he has a different clock position on the bulbs he sold you. Can't hurt. I did recall some reviews where that was mentioned in the reviews/question areas on Amazon. And the seller (can't recall what seller/company) initiated the buyer contact them for correct bulbs. Like I said, can't hurt. Sealight is a pretty decent company from what I've read. Hope you get this worked out...

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried that brand as well as a couple others and had the same issue. I’m running Hakari’s now and they have an adjustable lock collar so you adjust the bulbs to the proper position.

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
Ive had 4 sets of Sealights in different vehicles and all of mine were adjustable, got a picture of them?

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I got my first set of LED bulbs, I had the same issue - the lights will be no better than stock (maybe worse) and glare badly if not oriented correctly. On my bulbs, the collars were pinned in place, so I drilled out the pin, clocked them where I needed them, then used some silicon to glue the collar in place. It worked till one of the bulbs failed a couple years later.