LED headlights in reflector housing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caltx01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
Anyone running leds in there reflector headlight housing? Currently have silverstar ultras and while they are good i want more without changing to projectors. Was gonna try Novsight leds on Amazon and see how they do but read LEDs in reflectors is a bad idea.

I just recently replaced my factory halogen bulbs in my quad reflector headlights with Putco 700011 Nitro-Lux Lo Beam and 709005 Nitro-Lux Hi beam LEDs. These LEDs have braided metal strap heatsinks and so fit in the housing under the dust caps.

I also replaced my backups with Putco 350921W Metal LEDs.

The LEDs are much brighter and are a pleasing white instead of the yellow that I had before. The beam is a very precise horizontal line and I have not been flashed by any oncoming traffic to date.

In my opinion these LEDs are a definite upgrade to the OEM bulbs that they replaced. I am very pleased with them.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Thanks for the info! So none fit under the high beam cap as far as anyone knows?
I didnt try Hi's, as bright as the lows are and fogs, never use the His :)

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
FYI: VLEDS’s are coming out with a new ‘Micro Limited’ LED bulb. Like I said in a previous post, I have the Micro Evolution in my lows and Micro Extreme in my highs (my post on page 3 w/ pics). The Micro Limited are less bright for open-reflector headlights (2500 lumens vs 3500 & 4500). This may be exactly what you’re looking for with brightness?

Pre-order now price $75 ($25 off reg price $100). They ship mid July. I purchased a set of the new 3K Yellow Fog lights to give them a try ($75 w/ 2 year warranty). Will report back after I get them installed and try them out.

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you know what LEDs will fit inside the stock quad headlights without Messing with the covers?
I installed Supernova V.4's in low beams, high beams and fogs, and they fit inside my quad housings without any modifications whatsoever. They are factory clocked to work properly in the quads.
I got them from Headlight Revolution.

Six8888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed Supernova V.4's in low beams, high beams and fogs, and they fit inside my quad housings without any modifications whatsoever. They are factory clocked to work properly in the quads.
I got them from Headlight Revolution.

Thanks!

RamRuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cougar Motor Gold fit under both caps no problem.
Snagged a set of Cougar Moto 3.0 after reading your post. Put them in my 2016 with Projectors and I am pretty impressed. Better than stock for sure, and I like the color. I know there is tons of waaaay better options but for 35 bucks a set, with ZERO error codes and extra bs wiring, you cant beat them. I notice a slight flicker, but only when I really look for it, but they are sending me decoders for FREE to fix that, but overall very pleased.

NWhunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member