Led lighting on steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lingo70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco diesel
Does anyone have an idea where i can connect my led lighting for after market steps? If so, is it best to have connected for opening the door or whenever the lights are on?

VA-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie / 2020 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2017 Laramie and I have the white courtesy light (puddle)/sequential amber turn combo led strips just under the doors on each side. They come on white when the interior courtesy lights come on (unlock, dooe open, etc) and work with the turns/flasher sequentially in amber.
I ran the courtesy/pubbe light wires (in wire looms) under the cab and into the rear floor bins thorugh the rubber grommet there....sealed everything underneath with silicone. Then ran the wires up under the carpet to the plugs behind the rear seats that have the pin for the small led lights under the seat bottoms. Should be a similar set up in your truck to use the plug for those interior leds. Turn signal wires ran in looms to the rear turn signals.

When to have them come on is your choice...what color are they? If acting as running lights you could have tthem on with the lights...if they are white, then you need to wire them with the courtesy lights when doors open/unlock.