LED Lights in Hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys can I get advice/confirmation that to run wiring from the after market Hood Vent LED lights I have to tie the wires into the headlight running lights to get them to go on and off with starting the truck. Is that correct? So I have to drop the grill, remove the headlight on one side ( or both?) and find the DRL or Signal light and solder the new wire in to that? Is that correct? Should I use a relay on each side?

ChristopherClaySr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horne, and I Purchased an aftermarket hood light strip that also have the turn signal built in them. I was doing some research on the installation and for the turn signal function. I’ll have to attach the yellow cable to the ACC power. I have had a hard time locating the ACC fuse and or area to hook the cable to. So, if anyone on this forum could help it would be greatly appreciated.