LED Low Beam Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to find a plug and play option. Is a 2006 1500. Uses h13 bulbs. Rarely drive during the dark so I’m not trying to break the bank. I would prefer a budget option. Thanks In advance:

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Piaa? Not super expensive. LEDs are nice but I think you need an extra harness to run them but I'm not 100% sure.

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Piaa? Not super expensive. LEDs are nice but I think you need an extra harness to run them but I'm not 100% sure.
I have a 14” and have full led all around. Switched out many times. No problems and haven’t used a decoder on any of them. Are the 3rd gens picker?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I have a 14” and have full led all around. Switched out many times. No problems and haven’t used a decoder on any of them. Are the 3rd gens picker?
I wouldn't say pickier it's just a different system to the 4th gen. On 4th gen we use Alfa obd or resistors. On the 3rd Gen's or atleast the one I had took capacitors to make the lights not flick on and off.

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Philips Extreme Vision h13...pretty damn good on my ‘08. Slightly better than the Philips Xtreme Power, and much better than Silverstars, etc that I’ve tried

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I've swapped out the entire truck now in LEDS. Only lights that needed resistors were the brakes and turn signals because the brain can't read LEDs due to the low amperage draw. Without resistors my brakes flashed like a cops lights and my turn signals just spazzed. I haven't had any problems with headlight bulb swaps or running lights or backup lights or fog lights or any of the interior lights. The LEDs are much brighter than halogens. Best upgrade overall though were the backup lights and fog lights-what a difference! I didn't chime in earlier because my truck uses different headlight bulbs than yours. You mentioned H13 and mine uses the Hi/Lo 9007/H5 headlight and 9006 for the fogs. Good luck

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm using the 9012 version of the HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs from Amazon in my 4th Gen. I've had them in for a year with no issues with no capacitors or BCM settings needed. They are nice and bright.

-K

NavyFireMedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm using the 9012 version of the HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs from Amazon in my 4th Gen. I've had them in for a year with no issues with no capacitors or BCM settings needed. They are nice and bright.

-K

I’m using the same in my gen3 but needed the resistor plugs also. Amazon would def be your best option.