LED Overhead Console Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haebrym

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Flex
Good evening!
I have a 2016 1500 Laramie with the overhead console that has the impossible to replace LED lights. My driver side light never comes on and I'm mad.
I was wondering if I could buy a simpler, older overhead console model, that houses the old style incandescent bulbs and change them. Would it be compatible with the truck model? I really don't care about the garage door opener since I don't even own a house.
Thanks in advance!

-Sam.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
here is how to change those bulbs

This video is better yet, watch it !!

the kit he used

Last edited:

ZacMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't waste your time trying to disassemble the factory console and replace the non-serviceable LEDs. Assuming you can find the part from the same model of truck just with the incandescent lights this should work (I paid $20 at my local pick-n-pull yard). You can then pretty easily swap in a replacement LED light kit as they are very cheap.

Here is a video demonstrating this in my truck (2015 Ram 1500 Sport): https://youtube.com/shorts/ikTEFOq1eDQ?si=JML2UcMJY02fIfFZ

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I changed mine out a few years ago. I had used the 2nd method listed by GT yankee, and it wasn't all that hard to do. Sure made a world of difference. I'm sure if you could find a console from a salvage yard as mention by ZacMan would also be the way to go.