LED pods in rear bumper (pic heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No Moa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I did this also.

Attachments

• IMG_3487[1].jpg
    IMG_3487[1].jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 319

Northshoremb

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot of information can come from a plate. It all starts with your name... Then address (perfect for stealing that new mod that was just installed), family, income, everything.

Why lock your doors?

It's sadly just another layer of comfort/protection because there are some greedy/crazy **** heads out there, that will goto the extreme to take your hard earned ****.

IMO
So are you saying everytime you park your vehicle anywhere you cover your plates? I think not!! Low life's can see your licence plate on a daily occurrence and pretty much doubt the lowlife use the forums to hunt down vehicles and rob parts from them. Covering your plate is PARANOIA

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So are you saying everytime you park your vehicle anywhere you cover your plates? I think not!! Low life's can see your licence plate on a daily occurrence and pretty much doubt the lowlife use the forums to hunt down vehicles and rob parts from them. Covering your plate is PARANOIA

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
True. Paranoia is more or less, just awareness.

Why lock your doors when someone can just break the window?

Some things we post on here, that cost a lot of $$, arent visible to someone walking by your truck in a parkinglot. Some people even post pictures of exactly where they store their hand guns in the truck, and the type.

I do in fact have tons of pics on here without my plates covered, and on numerous websites for their product advertising. It takes 1min to blur a plate (galaxy note 5 with a stylus).. Your call.

Just good information, the answer to the ops question. Not a say all end all.

IMO

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Great write-up. Thank you. It almost looks like you could mod those light surrounds to fit inside the factory reverse light lens. Has anyone tried it? For those who've installed/dealt with them, your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
has anybody had interference issues with backup sensors or backup cameras with led pod additions? i have 4 pods mounted under my bed for rear lighting, i had to change brands due to interference with certain led pods. i want add flush mounts to my bumper and remove the under bed pods, but i dont want to have to order 2-3-4 sets to get non interfering pods. what brands are being used with sensors and cams with no issues?

dereck56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone had problems with no power on the reverse trailer hitch wire? I have a 2016 and for me it's the white wire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

rammpage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
id love to see someone do this with the sport rear bumper with the exhaust... it looks like it would be a pain in the balls to do it, my brother just did this mod to his 08

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
id love to see someone do this with the sport rear bumper with the exhaust... it looks like it would be a pain in the balls to do it, my brother just did this mod to his 08

Not a sport but I think the bumper is the same.

4b01072be6ff3d8aa4234e6b16306a49.jpg

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
This is cool as hell. I did mine when I got my 2014, painted the bumpers to match (Tradesman truck) and then I decided lets cut holes in my freshly painted bumper!! haha

I did this back in Aug of 2014 and I haven't had any issues with these $30 Amazon LED pods. Love them.

Have the wired up to my cargo lamp as well as my back up!

I got the flood version so it's flooding the area behind my truck with light, not throwing it 200 yards behind me!

LEDlights02.jpg

LEDlights04.jpg

LEDlights08.jpg

LEDlights15.jpg

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I removed the sensors and moved the harnesses out of the way.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Have the wired up to my cargo lamp as well as my back up!/QUOTE]

Can someone tell me how to do this? I want to be able to turn them with the button for the box (cargo) light.

Btw I'm new here so please play nice lol. I'm in some ram groups on Facebook as well.

rammpage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Have the wired up to my cargo lamp as well as my back up!/QUOTE]

Can someone tell me how to do this? I want to be able to turn them with the button for the box (cargo) light.

Btw I'm new here so please play nice lol. I'm in some ram groups on Facebook as well.

you should be able to tap it right into the fuse so that when the cargo light comes on they turn on, i just wired a set for a friend in the bumper of his Nissan Titan, we hooked them up to his reverse lights.. i tried to talk him into wiring it to a separate switch as FU lights but noo mr goody two shoes didnt want that lol.. the titans are so much easier to work on electrical wise than the ram

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
So I found that it's the white/tan wire for the cargo light. I'd like to use that and have them come on with the reverse lights as well. Any additional wiring need to be done or can I tap them both together and have it work.

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have all of my lighting set to turn on with vehicle control or switches, you have to add in relays and diodes so you don't back feed and fry your body controller.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk