LED step bar turn signal and courtesy lights?

GiJoeFontaine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the Recon "Big Rig Ice Lights" version on mine. I've had them on for several years now with no issues. They have Amber Running & Turn and White Step lights.

-K
What does it tap into for install? I would ASSUME running and signal light?

GiJoeFontaine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 17 Laramie, I tapped into the plug under my rear seats that power the inside led courtesy light under the seat bottom... easy to find and to run wires up into the cab through the storaage bin in the floor. There is a plug under each rear set right where the seat bottom hinges up.
Any chance you have a photo of this plug? The location sounds like the ones I have that plug into my seat for some reason but I honestly have never noticed courtesy lights in the rear...

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Any chance you have a photo of this plug? The location sounds like the ones I have that plug into my seat for some reason but I honestly have never noticed courtesy lights in the rear...
Here's a link to another thread that has pics of the connector...I tapped into these same 'courtesy light' wires to light up these lights on my running boards and also rear seat interior lights (see page 2 of the thread)...The running board lights are white LED License Plate lights and light up when door is opened, fob unlock/lock and 'fade to off' like the other courtesy lights...

Thread 'Rear Footwell Lighting' https://www.ramforum.com/threads/rear-footwell-lighting.157376/20220123_155330.jpg

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

GiJoeFontaine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's a link to another thread that has pics of the connector...I tapped into these same 'courtesy light' wires to light up these lights on my running boards and also rear seat interior lights (see page 2 of the thread)...The running board lights are white LED License Plate lights and light up when door is opened, fob unlock/lock and 'fade to off' like the other courtesy lights...

Thread 'Rear Footwell Lighting' https://www.ramforum.com/threads/rear-footwell-lighting.157376/View attachment 483594
This is great thanks. Exact connector I thought you meant. So I have this but it doesn’t do anything since I don’t have lights lol

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have them. Bought them when they first came out, so that's 3 years (roughly). My only complaint with the sequential version - the sequence seems to be a little long for the timing of my blinkers. About every 3rd or 4th flash, the timing is off and the sequential part doesn't finish blinking. Otherwise, I love the lights. If I was to do it again, I would get the non-sequential version. I am only using the white and the turn signal.

I tied the white lights into my courtesy lights under the dash. For my turn signals, I used a trailer hitch splice connector and tied into that so I didn't have to cut into my factory wiring. Maybe that's the cause for the slight delay in my turn signals?

GiJoeFontaine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have them. Bought them when they first came out, so that's 3 years (roughly). My only complaint with the sequential version - the sequence seems to be a little long for the timing of my blinkers. About every 3rd or 4th flash, the timing is off and the sequential part doesn't finish blinking. Otherwise, I love the lights. If I was to do it again, I would get the non-sequential version. I am only using the white and the turn signal.

I tied the white lights into my courtesy lights under the dash. For my turn signals, I used a trailer hitch splice connector and tied into that so I didn't have to cut into my factory wiring. Maybe that's the cause for the slight delay in my turn signals?
tapping into your trailer is a smart move!

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T