LED Tail Lights - Resistors Needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LilredHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have these taillights on my 05 Ram 1500 Laramie. When I initially got them and plugged them in they didn't work. I found that the ground wires in the connectors had no pins to mate with the ground connection in the truck connector! I found a set of extension cables on Amazon and was able to rewire them. All worked then except for hyper-flashing of the turn signals. I installed load resistors and the right lamp flashed normally but the left continued to hyper-flash. I found that the left load resistor had melted or broken a wire off, replaced it and all was fine except applying the brakes causes the selected turn signal to hyper-flash. Do I have to put a second set of resistors on the brake lamps as well?

LilredHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Answered my own question! I installed a second set of resistors on the brake lights and now all is good. No more hyper-flashing or lamp out indications.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963