LED tailgate help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Norris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
Hey guys I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 4x4. I'm having a terrible time finding black led tailights to fit. I ordered one set then realized they wouldn't work because my truck came with factory leds and not incandescents so I sent those back. I just received a new pair I bought that said they were only compatible with trucks with factory leds. But unfortunately they didn't work either! My trucks original tailights have an oblong plug with 5 uneven pins then separate wires running down to the reverse lamp socket(picture 1). The tailights I ordered had a more square plug with only 4 equal distant pins and nothing to supply the reverse bulbs(picture 2). I have no idea what to do now or what to order. I've blacked out everything else on my truck and can't stand these giant red tailights! I want some that have clear lenses and are black inside! Has anyone else had this problem?? Can anyone help me out and/or guide me in the right direction please???

View attachment 230115

View attachment 230116

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ran into the exact same issue...and then i finally checked the box and there was a plug adapter they came with.

Make sure you empty out the box, i bet they sent you adaptors.

OP
OP
C

Chris Norris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
I'm an idiot...I just found a video on how to install them and you have to disconnect the plugs from the truck then connect them all to the new tailights! Thank you!

Keithrh12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which lights did you get? Link?

I tried looking at the attachments, but it came up as an error on both.