LED Upgrade in Projector Housing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronin807

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Without getting into the whole debate of how much better HID's are in the projector housings, has anyone had any success with an LED bulb? I know the LED's have come a long way and was looking at the Headlight Revolution V.4's. They are $297 but dont mind spending the money if there is a significant improvement in lighting.

Yes I know HID is the way to go however, I prefer a P&P solution and have no desire to start running wires for ballasts and drilling dust covers etc. Just wondering if anyone with the projector housing has gone with an LED bulb and is happy with it.
I bought a middle-of-the-road set of Alla LED'S ($70 -80ish) and couldn't be happier!

The canbus issues that I had to overcome is another story however.....2c412e4bbae316832528f2612f4475e8.jpg093d558cb390c75a6ea96ded12979e4f.jpgff11f6673fae27668a7a8ba4996196f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After doing some research and based on the reply I received from DDM Tuning, I'll be going with the below:

For your low beam upgrade, you can use our Saber ProX 55W Accu/V2 9005 LED kit, which is proven to function perfectly on this application without requiring any additional decoders. Also, it won't have any fitment issue on your low beam upgrade. Here is the link:
https://ddmtuning.com/SaberLED-ProX-55W-Accu-V2-9005-W-Y

I bought a set of those today in H7 for my Alpharex headlights. It’ll be the last bulb I try in them. If they’re good, I’ll get another set for the highs. If not, I’ll return them (bought them through Amazon prime) and sell the alpharex.

As of right now, either my HID bulbs are going bad or the combo of the HID with the 45w ballasts is starting to burn up the bowls in the projectors. They’re losing some of their punch, and the passenger side especially is yellowing quite a bit.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
T
I bought a set of those today in H7 for my Alpharex headlights. It’ll be the last bulb I try in them. If they’re good, I’ll get another set for the highs. If not, I’ll return them (bought them through Amazon prime) and sell the alpharex.

As of right now, either my HID bulbs are going bad or the combo of the HID with the 45w ballasts is starting to burn up the bowls in the projectors. They’re losing some of their punch, and the passenger side especially is yellowing quite a bit.
They showed up last night, and I just finished installing them. Tomorrow morning on my way in to work will be the test. Either they’re good, or they come out, get sent back to Amazon, and the alpharex live the rest of their lives in a box.

Andy Vue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I color matched mine I installed Diode Dynamics LED’s low and high beams as well as fogs, plug and play fit inside the stock housing. View media item 29181
Love the blacked out inside. Did you leave the high beam reflector chrome or blacked it out too? If blacked out, how’s the output when the high beam is on?

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
T
They showed up last night, and I just finished installing them. Tomorrow morning on my way in to work will be the test. Either they’re good, or they come out, get sent back to Amazon, and the alpharex live the rest of their lives in a box.
Well, They're barely sufficient. I'm not overly impressed, as I kind of figured I wouldnt be. They're far better than the Katana and the Hikari Ultra, but no comparison with the TYC projects and HID I had. I might order the retroquick kit for my TYC projectors and upgrade them. If I do, I'm going to end up selling the alpharex with al l3 sets of LED and a set of HID. I'm going to give these a bit and see if they grow on me.

Kirby224

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After doing some research and based on the reply I received from DDM Tuning, I'll be going with the below:

For your low beam upgrade, you can use our Saber ProX 55W Accu/V2 9005 LED kit, which is proven to function perfectly on this application without requiring any additional decoders. Also, it won't have any fitment issue on your low beam upgrade. Here is the link:
https://ddmtuning.com/SaberLED-ProX-55W-Accu-V2-9005-W-Y

If you would like to upgrade your high beam too, you will need to use our Saber Pro V2 50W 9005 LED kit instead. This is because your high beam upgrade has a tighter space, and 50W V2 has a smaller bulb base for better fitment than 55W V2. Here is the link:
https://ddmtuning.com/Saber-50W-V2-9005-W-Y
(with 50W V2, you don't need to add any decoder neither)
I'm considering upgrading my stock projector headlights on my 2019 Warlock. How did these DDM Sabers work out for you? Do you recommend them or something else? Any advice?