left rear turn signal light message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 hemi
My left turn signal light started blinking fast, and got the message light on, so normally the bulb is blown, so i changed it but the light will still not come on either turning or running lights. swapped the right side socket to the left and the left side worked fine, but the left side (right socket) still no light. message still on , any ideas

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My problem is a little different but wonder if it is related. Recently changed turn bulb out cuz filament broke last two times it happened filaments we’re good so it’s a short. I can see black on contact and the wire melted into the plastic of the bulb. Should I replace the socket next or could this be a ground issue as well. If it helps Alfa ODB has said there was a short when I cleared the codes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 hemi
check the bulb socket for age , burn areas, I changed mine and the contact may be loose, having said that you then must look for the short in the wiring harness as your OBD code reader has found

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
check the bulb socket for age , burn areas, I changed mine and the contact may be loose, having said that you then must look for the short in the wiring harness as your OBD code reader has found
It shorting in the socket I can see brown on the grey truck socket so maybe I should buy a new oem socket next or should I just swap to led with less pull?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Maybe you are using bare fingers to install the LED Bulbs
Natural Oil on your fingers will burn a LED bulb out real quick

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It will not. That is false.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Halogen will do this , leds never had any problems handling them.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While I did use bare finger the bulb itself didn’t burn out elements are fine. The wires that hit the truck socket had one that had melted into the plastic. I can also see brown on the grey connector making me think I need to go to dealer and get a new connector it’s causing a short I can see in Alfa. Maybe I’ll just swap to led bulbs.