Left turn on trailer not working—HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The LEFT TURN SIGNAL AND BRAKE LIGHT will not work on any trailers. I have checked all fuses and they are all good. Someone told me that there might be a MODULE of some kind that could be replaced and then they said I would have to replace the fuse box. This is hard to believe about the whole box. I have a 2003 Ram 3500 six speed manual with trailer towing and approximately 110K miles

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4 plug? Have you checked for shorts on the truck-side pigtail or the connector itself?

OP
OP
T

TerryM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
All is working properly at the back of the truck at the pin

OP
OP
T

TerryM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Sorry guys, fuses are good, at the rear of the truck the 7 pin plug shows nothing working for the trailer left turn signal

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Corrosion possibly at the butt splice under the truck where the plug is connected to the truck wiring. See it a lot.

shagya

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,7 L HEMI
The fault is mostly corrosion oder some dirt/dust. I have it just every time at new connecting after a longer time. Some electro contact spray to both part helps, let it work few minutes than dry/clean it out with air compressor, if you have.
100% success, except some wire is broken on the trailer's cabel.
Regards from Hungary
shagya