Legal Rights on Used Car Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn Burns

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did my second drain and fill during my last towing pre-season maintenance marathon. I also saw some nasty gunk at the top of the radiator cap. I would bet that it is just some nasty radiator corrosion/dirt/gunk that made it's way to the top of the cooling system, like mine.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is that 'green' coolant the long-life stuff? You just want to change it a little more often than the orange Mopar coolant. But I've been running green coolant in a certain Jeep with aluminum engine parts (against warnings) ...for at least 16 years and 230k mi, w/o any problems whatsoever. My Ram and couple other vehicles I run OEM coolant (all other cars/trucks, the green).

Johnny Paycheck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s got a Hemi in it
The grace period in Texas is 3 days ( googled it). So, sales contract would have his grace period terms, or talking to a lawyer if theres a lot of legaleze in it. If bought on Saturday, it is nearing the end of any possibility of acting Today within the grace period.
Sure about that, sir?

The state attorney general claims otherwise:

I bet those other states mentioned mirror that as well.

Attachments

• FD1EA621-DB5F-4EA6-8169-88F8CD1F1957.jpeg
    FD1EA621-DB5F-4EA6-8169-88F8CD1F1957.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 11

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Either way it's a moot point.

Glad you could take your first post on this site to show how smart you are.

Have a good day 'sir'!

txhotrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You have rights here in Texas, I just bought 18 Megacab, as is, transmission started making noises, after a few days, dropped off to my favorite repair shop. They called me back and told me it was catastrophic failure. I called the dealer, they told me to bring it back and they would check it out. Three days later the Dealer called me back and told me the same news. They would not fix it, but gave me everything back. I didn't lose a dime after 7 days.

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You have rights here in Texas, I just bought 18 Megacab, as is, transmission started making noises, after a few days, dropped off to my favorite repair shop. They called me back and told me it was catastrophic failure. I called the dealer, they told me to bring it back and they would check it out. Three days later the Dealer called me back and told me the same news. They would not fix it, but gave me everything back. I didn't lose a dime after 7 days.
Sounds like you found a good dealer. I'd stick with them. From the link Jonny Paycheck provided in post #23 they might not have been required to do that.