Legmaker short ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1morepart

2019 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi 3.92’s
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone running this intake? Thoughts?

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
OUCH!!!! I just seen the price on that ****!! You could probly build that for $100.

Gator57

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone running this intake? Thoughts?
There’s always gonna be hate on ram air intakes smh. I don’t have the legmaker in my ram but mostly because I got the vararam on a ridiculous deal for $50! My cousin runs a legmaker ram air on his trackhawk and he loves it. The man who runs the company is almost enough for me to support the product. The intake pipe is actually real carbon fiber as well so good luck making a replica for $100. To each their own. I know a couple guys on instagram that are running the legmaker and love it!

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a LMI Airhammer for my old 300c. That thing sounded awesome. Even though it was expensive, I was able to sell it for a decent price to recoup some of my money when I traded it in.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There’s always gonna be hate on ram air intakes smh. I don’t have the legmaker in my ram but mostly because I got the vararam on a ridiculous deal for $50! My cousin runs a legmaker ram air on his trackhawk and he loves it. The man who runs the company is almost enough for me to support the product. The intake pipe is actually real carbon fiber as well so good luck making a replica for $100. To each their own. I know a couple guys on instagram that are running the legmaker and love it!

I had one on my 18 trackhawk. It sounded great with a huge increase in SC whine (if that is your goal). However, on a NA motor its more about pulling in unrestricted cold air. Not sure how much the carbon fiber adds to the intake especially from a cost/benefit standpoint. A simple plastic tube would be sufficient unless someone can prove heat-soak is greatly reduced using carbon fiber. The method of tunneling in cold outside air is probably more important so I'd focus on that over carbon fiber, looking cool, etc. (unless of course looks is why you are upgrading).

EDIT: On the trackhawk I noticed inlet temps (it had a gauge) greatly varied with the legmaker intake and not so much on the stock airbox. However, heat soak was an issue with the stock air box. The stock box seemed to do better with grabbing cold outside air vs. hot under-the-hood air so the spikes were higher with the legmaker.

Gator57

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had one on my 18 trackhawk. It sounded great with a huge increase in SC whine (if that is your goal). However, on a NA motor its more about pulling in unrestricted cold air. Not sure how much the carbon fiber adds to the intake especially from a cost/benefit standpoint. A simple plastic tube would be sufficient unless someone can prove heat-soak is greatly reduced using carbon fiber. The method of tunneling in cold outside air is probably more important so I'd focus on that over carbon fiber, looking cool, etc. (unless of course looks is why you are upgrading).

EDIT: On the trackhawk I noticed inlet temps (it had a gauge) greatly varied with the legmaker intake and not so much on the stock airbox. However, heat soak was an issue with the stock air box. The stock box seemed to do better with grabbing cold outside air vs. hot under-the-hood air so the spikes were higher with the legmaker.
Regardless of NA or not cold air is always beneficial. Distance is the difference between the two. The ram air with a stubby tube has a much different torque curve than a cold air that runs a longer distance into a box. If you had a suitable location you could technically have a ram/cold air. That’s essentially what a vararam is. My carbon fiber statement had nothing to do with benefits. Purely a cost comparison. Saying you can make the same thing for $100 just isn’t true. A plastic pipe would work just fine but at the end of the day it’s not carbon fiber. Hence me saying “to each their own”. Basically it all comes down to preference and what you’re trying to do.

Btw cold air intake temps are much more prevalent on a boosted application than on a NA setup.