Let’s See Your Old Glory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This might make me an unpopular guy with some of y'all but something irks me about a lot of flags I see on cars and trucks - we have an actual national flag code that explains how to respectfully display the American flag and "styled to look like a Punisher skull" is notably not in there.

The whole point of having flag code and having a uniform means of displaying the flag is to avoid using our national symbol as a fashion statement, or allowing the fashion message to outshine the flag itself.

I know a lot of people like to do all sorts of customized flag symbols but the fact is those do the opposite of what you want them to do, they disrespect the flag and the nation it represents.

Go on and get mad if that suits you, I can take it.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
This might make me an unpopular guy with some of y'all but something irks me about a lot of flags I see on cars and trucks - we have an actual national flag code that explains how to respectfully display the American flag and "styled to look like a Punisher skull" is notably not in there.

The whole point of having flag code and having a uniform means of displaying the flag is to avoid using our national symbol as a fashion statement, or allowing the fashion message to outshine the flag itself.

I know a lot of people like to do all sorts of customized flag symbols but the fact is those do the opposite of what you want them to do, they disrespect the flag and the nation it represents.

dont over think it, it was also, like mine, showing support for the blue.

OP
OP
Pezrock

Pezrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I respect your opinion. With that said the helmet pictured in my design is not a punisher skull. It is a take on a Trojan helmet. Representing a warrior of legendary magnitude. The blue line in it represents support of law enforcement who by the way salute the flag when the national anthem is played. A man or woman that solutes a flag is a sheepdog. It is a different responsibility to the flag than a man or woman that places their hand on their heart when the national anthem is played. This is a representation of an oath on top of a pledge.

Addressing the comment further on the punisher skull. Legendary Navy Seal Chris Kyle and his team had these painted on their vest plate carriers. Because of that the American public began to embrace that image. Some appreciate it as a tribute to the great warriors of our time. I did say some. I am one of them. Whenever I see that image the first thing I think of is the great Navy Seals, specifically Chris Kyle and his team. I look at them as greater men than I and my peers will ever be.

So Kurek, because I respect your opinion enough to write this lengthy post, please respect my reason for proudly displaying my decal. I believe everyone that has any version of this flag believes themselves to be proud American and I’d bet a lot of money deep down you identify with this same group of people. I hope I have persuaded you. If not I will still fight for you. Fidelas Ad Morten means Faithful Unto Death.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've taken the same oath a lot of other Americans have. That faith is a part of why I find myself disappointed when I see people wearing our flag as pants or using a flag napkin to wipe spilled ketchup off the picnic table - only one step away from wiping somewhere else with it.

Weighing the flag down with symbolism doesn't make it fly any better, we're all Americans. The warrior has no purpose if there is no hearth to protect so the man or woman who chops the wood, who bakes the bread and the children who play in front of it share every molecule of glory there is in that flag. This is why the strongest men and women I've worked with are humble and don't have much to say about their own accomplishments and sacrifices.

OP
OP
Pezrock

Pezrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've taken the same oath a lot of other Americans have. That faith is a part of why I find myself disappointed when I see people wearing our flag as pants or using a flag napkin to wipe spilled ketchup off the picnic table - only one step away from wiping somewhere else with it.

Weighing the flag down with symbolism doesn't make it fly any better, we're all Americans. The warrior has no purpose if there is no hearth to protect so the man or woman who chops the wood, who bakes the bread and the children who play in front of it share every molecule of glory there is in that flag. This is why the strongest men and women I've worked with are humble and don't have much to say about their own accomplishments and sacrifices.
I like some of what you have to say Kurek. I know there are hundreds of guys on here and this got real deep. I feel like these posts can unexpectedly turn out that way. I believe Gray Goose is right in it was not supposed to be that serious. I just want to see flags and other symbols of America in whatever forms people have them on their Rams or in their garages etc. Thanks for taking that oath Kurek.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I like some of what you have to say Kurek. I know there are hundreds of guys on here and this got real deep. I feel like these posts can unexpectedly turn out that way. I believe Gray Goose is right in it was not supposed to be that serious. I just want to see flags and other symbols of America in whatever forms people have them on their Rams or in their garages etc. Thanks for taking that oath Kurek.
Amen, we have too many people now that wanna burn it or walk on it, lets dislike that more than the shape of each others support.