Level Kit for 2021 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THC1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2500 Laramie 4x4 on order and hoping to be ready for a leveling kit. I do not want to lift the truck, just level and perhaps upgrade the shocks since.

I know there are several post but didn't see anything about the 2500. Any advice is appreciated.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Rough Country has a 2.5" spacer level kit for your truck. You also have the option to order shocks from them if you want to update those as well.

Tuff Country also has a spacer kit for your truck. You can choose a kit with a shock relocation bracket (removes the need for longer shocks) or without shocks. You would go pick the shock of your choice from another supplier.

I've used the Tuff Country kit on three Ram 2500 trucks and had no problems whatsoever.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have a 2500 Laramie 4x4 on order and hoping to be ready for a leveling kit. I do not want to lift the truck, just level and perhaps upgrade the shocks since.

I know there are several post but didn't see anything about the 2500. Any advice is appreciated.
We have preferred vendors on this forum that can set you up with the parts you need. Reach out to @Nick@GotExhaust and ask him for a billstein leveling kit. They make a nice one for the 2500’s with replacement springs. If you want to spend money and get an even better ride look into Carli and Thuren kits. If you have a diesel they make everything if it’s a gasser nick is the go to guy for options

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have preferred vendors on this forum that can set you up with the parts you need. Reach out to @Nick@GotExhaust and ask him for a billstein leveling kit. They make a nice one for the 2500’s with replacement springs. If you want to spend money and get an even better ride look into Carli and Thuren kits. If you have a diesel they make everything if it’s a gasser nick is the go to guy for options

As always @Quick_Shifter nailed it. Bilstein and Thuren would be my recommendations. Let us know if we can help. We can get you set up. Message me for a quote and info.

Gohuge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my 2500 I went with a 3” coil and bilstien shocks all the way around. Way better ride quality. Spacers don’t ride well in my opinion

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I absolutely agree, springs and shocks.. Spacers are not the right way and they S-U-C-K!

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
be easier to give info if we knew your engine. Most companies are doing levels for the hemi but few are doing lifts. Cummins is covered from everyone.

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Searching and couldn't find...

Anyone have pics of before and after with their leveling kit installed on a 5th Gen 2500 HEMI?

Thanks

Chris Mays

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 8cyl
I just ordered a 2021 Ram 2500 crew cab 4x4 limited night edition with the Gas engine and looking to put a leveling kit on it as well. Looking at the Cali kit and adding the Nitto Ridge Grappler 35s soon as I get the truck. I’m new to this so my question is, if I add the leveling kit spacers (or any other type of kit) why do I need/want to change the factory shocks? That may appear to be a dumb or simple question but like I mentioned I’m new to this and know nothing about this stuff. But I do like the look of a leveling kit .thanks for the advice in advance. Also, has anyone sold their factory 285s fresh off the truck? I’m curious what I may get out of them with 200-300 miles on them.

Brian Reyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Rough Country, 2.5" leveling kit on a 2020 2500 Tradesman (Hemi) with 35x12.50R18
View attachment 246011

Hey bro question for you; I have the same 4x4 offroad OEM suspension did you have any issues adding the leveling kit? I wasn't sure if there was anything i was overlooking since its got bilsteins stock.

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Hey bro question for you; I have the same 4x4 offroad OEM suspension did you have any issues adding the leveling kit? I wasn't sure if there was anything i was overlooking since its got bilsteins stock.
No issues. Kit has been in for almost a month. I had a company install the kit. Happy so far. Ride feels no different to me, same as before.

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I just ordered a 2021 Ram 2500 crew cab 4x4 limited night edition with the Gas engine and looking to put a leveling kit on it as well. Looking at the Cali kit and adding the Nitto Ridge Grappler 35s soon as I get the truck. I’m new to this so my question is, if I add the leveling kit spacers (or any other type of kit) why do I need/want to change the factory shocks? That may appear to be a dumb or simple question but like I mentioned I’m new to this and know nothing about this stuff. But I do like the look of a leveling kit .thanks for the advice in advance. Also, has anyone sold their factory 285s fresh off the truck? I’m curious what I may get out of them with 200-300 miles on them.

The spacers lift the truck up, so the stock shocks aren't long enough to make the longer reach under the new condition, that being the reach is longer. Adding the little spacer fills in the gap for the attachment. You don't need to get new shocks, but eventually you will because you're a dude who loves getting stuff for his truck. :) If you plan on "off roading" and getting cra cra with the truck then go another route.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
Beeeeeeeeeeee careful about adding spacers to the 5th gen. Right above the left coil spring, on the actual perch, sits an electronic module. Some of those spacer kits have you drill a hole in the perch to bolt the spacer to....Looks to me like you might nick that module while you are doing that. That being said, I had a Bilstein coil kit on my 4th gen 2500 and loved it. My new 5th gen is getting a Carli kit, just because I wanna try something different. Either way, coil springs are really the best way to go for a better ride.

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2021 2500 Laramie Cummins is being delivered today. I want to install a leveling kit also but I'm not quite sure about how much lift I need. I see a lot of people have used 2 1/2". I don't tow a lot but a couple of times a year I do pull an 8000# TT and I don't want to get the front end up so much that it squats when towing. I have a 2018 F250 with a 2" leveling kit and the truck sits "almost" level with just a slight rake but not nearly as noticeable as from the factory. I'm wondering if a 2" lift would be the way to go on the Ram, or even a 1 3/4", so as to leave just a slight rake for towing.

Jonshap92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
1.5” front lift.
1” rear lift dd7c07b8223b29643e3b39de46cea9ab.jpg
3e490a5ec88cbd19991d480d72ff230e.jpg
4c536bb6769c0f5b787c1724160e70e6.jpg
e5b009874e56c7e9a2f5f4350406428a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2021 2500 Laramie Cummins is being delivered today. I want to install a leveling kit also but I'm not quite sure about how much lift I need. I see a lot of people have used 2 1/2". I don't tow a lot but a couple of times a year I do pull an 8000# TT and I don't want to get the front end up so much that it squats when towing. I have a 2018 F250 with a 2" leveling kit and the truck sits "almost" level with just a slight rake but not nearly as noticeable as from the factory. I'm wondering if a 2" lift would be the way to go on the Ram, or even a 1 3/4", so as to leave just a slight rake for towing.

I personally wouldnt go over 2”. I went with 1.5” and its perfect in my opinion.