Level kit says 2.5" lift but the spacer is only 1.5 inches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NitroViper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered a level kit and the spacers came, they are only an inch and a half thick. But the ad said they raise the truck by 2.5 inches... I dont know if I believe that.

Anyone with experience?

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I ordered a level kit and the spacers came, they are only an inch and a half thick. But the ad said they raise the truck by 2.5 inches... I dont know if I believe that.

Anyone with experience?

Yeah should be fine go ahead and install it and enjoy leveled life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea, it's not a 1:1 Ratio of spacer size to lift.
You'll be increasing the tension on the suspension (preload) hence it'll give you more lift than just the size of the spacer itself.

Orange whip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, it's not a 1:1 Ratio of spacer size to lift.
You'll be increasing the tension on the suspension (preload) hence it'll give you more lift than just the size of the spacer itself.

I am putting a 2' level spacer on a 2wd 2005 1500 ram. I was told to put longer shocks, for 2500 ram. Do I put them all around or just the front as the truck has a raked stance now.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You will only need longer shocks on the front as you won't be changing the ride height on the back of the truck.
However, it is likely a good time to put new shocks on the back unless you've recently replaced them.

Make sure you get an alignment after your spacer install and be prepared for a stiffer ride.