Level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KayakbassTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to forum and new to Ram. Looking for recommendations for a level kit. Mostly highway driving with occasional off-road when hunting and fishing. Thanks in advance.

RamAnderson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi e-torque
New to Ram and Forum as well. Wondering if 2" level kit will be too much in the front as I have the Off Road Package.

Bcryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New to Ram and Forum as well. Wondering if 2" level kit will be too much in the front as I have the Off Road Package.
For the Offroad package the majority of the level kits will work but are not recommend by the manufacturer. One member has the ready lift 3.5 but just didn’t use the preloaded spacer. It’s a little more expensive but it comes with what you need to keep the ride stock and not tear your front end up

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
New to forum and new to Ram. Looking for recommendations for a level kit. Mostly highway driving with occasional off-road when hunting and fishing. Thanks in advance.

I had to take the spacers off my truck they sucked so bad, went bills love them. Level is 2.8 setting.

different levels shocks versus spacers

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Avoid spacer lifts unless you're doing a bracket lift that will put the factory geometry back where it should go after doing a big top spacer (front diff drop, aftermarket steering hub that relocates your control arms mounting points, etc). If you're doing spacers then 1/2" at the top is safe. 2-3" spacers are BS in the 4th gen or 5th gen trucks. They're typically BS in any standard a-arm IFS application. companies advertising such spacers get away with such a scam because people are too cheap to pay $300-$500 to lift their $40k truck and choose to go with the $50 **** spacers or worst pay $300 for the shinny **** spacers ones because they're easy to install. Get adjustable struts instead or quick lift struts. they're safe to use and will allow your front end to cycle within it's operational range.

If you don't have ORP , set the 5100's at #6 for 2", this should level the front or #7 for 2.5" front, likely you'll need a small spacer in the back to give you a little rear rake.

If you have the ORP package your front and rear are lifted 1" more compared to non-ORP via coil springs. so if you want 2" in the front set your Bisteins at #3 for an extra 1" front,
#4 will put around 2.5" front and be flat level with the ORP 1" rear #5 will put you at 3" (i'd really think you'll net 2.5", maybe a tad more as the numbers from 1 through 4 are pretty much the same)) front, i'd think you'll want a small spacer in the back to gain a little rear rack.

Have fun.

5100_5thGen.png

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Nick@GotExhaust can set you you with Bilsteins they are the best bang for the buck to do your level
With your off road package bilstein max's out at 2" which is exactly where you'll want to be.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 5100's are available now and are a great bang for the buck. If you want to wait until Jan 2021 and dont mind spending a little more the Eibach Pro kit should be available and is a better kit overall.

Rob63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also brand new to forum and RAM. Looking to level with 18x9 wheels with 33 tires. Does anyone see problem with this configuration? Any other commendations would be appreciated.
Thanks

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Also brand new to forum and RAM. Looking to level with 18x9 wheels with 33 tires. Does anyone see problem with this configuration? Any other commendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
Welcome, What part of PA are you?

Hasek

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks

I don't know how much different the 5th gen is from 4th but my stock tires are 33's, as you can see there's plenty of room with the stock suspension
PXL-20201023-190452172.jpg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks
Rebels run 33's from the factory (275/70/18) with 18x8 +19, this size will be the equivalent of 33x11x18. They're 1" higher than non-ORP.

You could run 18x9 +1 or 0 or -12 depending how much do you want your tires to stick past the fenders Neigbor's friend bought a 20 Rebel and fitted 18x9 +1 wheels, initially with 290/70/18 (34x11.5x18) with zero rub, then switched to 285/75/18. He said the 35's combo rubbed cosmetically stock (Rebels have ORP), and that a heat gun and a super little massage on the flap fixed his issue. He lifted the truck with Fox 2.5 recently. You should be able to run the same 33 or 34 wheel/tire combo with 2" front non-ORP.

If you want to run 35x12.5 on -12 or more, you may need to take a look behind the flaps there is section of metal you'll need to shave. Is not a big deal and if i had a DT truck it'll be the first thing i'll do to start modding with at least 35x12.5x18. Chit i ran 37x12.5x17 on my truck just cause i could with a 2.5-2.75" lift :)

OP
OP
KayakbassTX

KayakbassTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Avoid spacer lifts unless you're doing a bracket lift that will put the factory geometry back where it should go after doing a big top spacer (front diff drop, aftermarket steering hub that relocates your control arms mounting points, etc). If you're doing spacers then 1/2" at the top is safe. 2-3" spacers are BS in the 4th gen or 5th gen trucks. They're typically BS in any standard a-arm IFS application. companies advertising such spacers get away with such a scam because people are too cheap to pay $300-$500 to lift their $40k truck and choose to go with the $50 **** spacers or worst pay $300 for the shinny **** spacers ones because they're easy to install. Get adjustable struts instead or quick lift struts. they're safe to use and will allow your front end to cycle within it's operational range.

If you don't have ORP , set the 5100's at #6 for 2", this should level the front or #7 for 2.5" front, likely you'll need a small spacer in the back to give you a little rear rake.

If you have the ORP package your front and rear are lifted 1" more compared to non-ORP via coil springs. so if you want 2" in the front set your Bisteins at #3 for an extra 1" front,
#4 will put around 2.5" front and be flat level with the ORP 1" rear #5 will put you at 3" (i'd really think you'll net 2.5", maybe a tad more as the numbers from 1 through 4 are pretty much the same)) front, i'd think you'll want a small spacer in the back to gain a little rear rack.

Have fun.

View attachment 224106
Thank for the information. That’s what I was looking for. I do have the ORP. Thanks again.

OP
OP
KayakbassTX

KayakbassTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 5100's are available now and are a great bang for the buck. If you want to wait until Jan 2021 and dont mind spending a little more the Eibach Pro kit should be available and is a better kit overall.
I’m in no hurry. Let me know. Thank you!!

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question in regards to lifts. Has anybody tried rough country coil over kit? I just ordered a set because it comes with the coils and everything... but I’m hesitant in regards to the ride. I had bilstein in my old 2012 ram, and it was a bit stiff, but I was fine with it.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

TVS1461

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Rough Country 2" leveling struts. Ride is as smooth as stock without the nosedive in the corners. I am planning on changing the rear to the rough country shocks. Still haven't upgraded oem tires yet. Will do soon. Anybody know what size tires I ca go to on stock 18" rims. Looking to go to a 285/75 18 or a 295/70 18 but I'm a concerned about rubbing on the UCA's. Anyone with a similar set up please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.