Level/lift advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robhughes292

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m considering buying a level for my 16 Express and just wanted some input on them. I’m not necessarily wanting it for clearance or anything just fix the factory rake. Personally I like a wider aggressive stance at stock height as oppose to those who like to ride em high lol. But thoughts, opinions maybe even suggestions on what size to go with. What maximum size before you need to start upgrading other components? And obviously not something you want to cheap out on but anyone have any experiences with the cheaper strut spacer setups good bad ? Thanks

OP
OP
Robhughes292

Robhughes292

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4x4 3.6 sorry I didn’t include that, but yea I haven’t really done anything to it besides throw on some 34” tires here recently. Trying to look for the best deals for them online has got me looking at upgrades for it and have decided it’s about time I get it looking right

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For 34s I would just look into eibach fronts and run at 2”. Over 2” it’s better to upgrade the UCAs for peace of mind with the upper ball joint. You could run coilovers as well but the eibach struts are a cheap replacement with a good reputation. Bilstein 5100 are great as well and same great reputation.

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 1 1/4" spacer blocks on the front of mine for leveling, didnt go any higher cause it wouldnt fit in the garage. Havent had any issues and it was super cheap and easy install

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't ever use spacers, they're hot garbage.

Get Proper level shocks, Eibach , Bills 6112s , Bills 5100 ect ...

OP
OP
Robhughes292

Robhughes292

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know some people like them and others don’t.
I have 1 1/4" spacer blocks on the front of mine for leveling, didnt go any higher cause it wouldnt fit in the garage. Havent had any issues and it was super cheap and easy install
Did the 1 and quarter remove all of the rake ? And I’m just curious as to what’s the rule of thumb on what size you can run before it’s time to upgrade uca’s and everything else, I apologize I know I’m kicking a dead horse here just now getting into upgrades/mods and customization so I’m pretty green on it all but quickly learning though, I appreciate y’all’s suggestions.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s

Did the 1 and quarter remove all of the rake ? And I’m just curious as to what’s the rule of thumb on what size you can run before it’s time to upgrade uca’s and everything else, I apologize I know I’m kicking a dead horse here just now getting into upgrades/mods and customization so I’m pretty green on it all but quickly learning though, I appreciate y’all’s suggestions.
Rule of thumb, anything over 2"- 2.5" you should upgrade UCAs for proper geometry and alignment ...

OP
OP
Robhughes292

Robhughes292

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rule of thumb, anything over 2"- 2.5" you should upgrade UCAs for proper geometry and alignment ...
Thanks pal, I knew it was around there was just seeing a lot of mixed answers and wanted to be certain on it. But of course you’ll always have those type of people that push it to the absolute limit, myself I care more about the integrity of my truck and safety of my family and self than to try to get by with as much as I can as cheap as I can, was just curious how big the limit was before you had to start making adjustments to accommodate it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Thanks pal, I knew it was around there was just seeing a lot of mixed answers and wanted to be certain on it. But of course you’ll always have those type of people that push it to the absolute limit, myself I care more about the integrity of my truck and safety of my family and self than to try to get by with as much as I can as cheap as I can, was just curious how big the limit was before you had to start making adjustments to accommodate it.
You are welcome ... I have a 7" lift on mine, 2.5" of it are from the the coils so I should be upgrading UCAs which I will once the new Core 4x4 ones come out ...since I don't do any offroading at 2.5" of front lift it's really not necessary to upgrade my UCAs but recommended it is ...

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

There is still a little rake but it's less than an inch, to me it looks good though, I think anymore my risk looking nose up

Franks

Reaction score
Ram Year
19 classic
Engine
You should measure what your truck sits at now, (ground to top of wheel well arch, or center of wheel to top of wheel well arch). Then put a jack under the front crossmember and raise it to what you like. Then you’ll know how much you need to lift the front for the look your going for.

Here’s my review on my setup. I’m still real happy with it.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it also depends if your doing the work and how savvy and tool-equipped you are. The spacer on top of the strut is super easy requires basic tools only but less desirable due to it increasing the stress on cv axles and messing with geometry.
The replacement coil overs are easy install but very spendy…but they are better for the geometry.
Bilstein 5100’s are affordable and geometry friendly, but you will be disassembling a strut. Spring compressors and offset wrenches etc. The older the truck the more rusty the strut shaft bolt will be and that can be a bear.
Bothe the Eibach and Bilsteins will reward a better ride. Spacers no ride enhancement.
Again, considerations.